Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Tight Connection at KUL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Possible Tight Connection at KUL?

Not sure if this should go under MH or SQ....

I'm planning an award ticket KUL-SIN-MEL.

I'll be arriving from REP via MH @ 5:25 PM and can choose a departure on SQ at 6:05PM or 6:45PM. Will I have to clear immigration/customs?

I believe SQ and MH have an interline agreement, so am I correct in assuming I'd be able to check my bags all the way through?

Any advice is helpful!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You definitely won't make the 605pm connection. You might make the later connection. But bear in mind, this is Kuala Lumpur, and there are many thunderstorms in the evenings this time of the year, and your flight might have to fly a couple of circles around the airport before it can land.

MH also may park at the main terminal whereas your SQ/MI departure will depart from the Satellite building. No need to clear immigration and your bags will be checked through. But I'd give yourself at least 2 hours for any connection. Just to be safe.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Milz02315
Not sure if this should go under MH or SQ....

I'm planning an award ticket KUL-SIN-MEL.

I'll be arriving from REP via MH @ 5:25 PM and can choose a departure on SQ at 6:05PM or 6:45PM. Will I have to clear immigration/customs?

I believe SQ and MH have an interline agreement, so am I correct in assuming I'd be able to check my bags all the way through?

Any advice is helpful!
You are on SQ 237 for SIN-MEL? If that case since that flight ETD is 2355, why don't you take SQ119 at 2040?

As Guys said MH will arrive in main terminal and SQ is in satelite terminal. Please take note that SQ does not have transfer desk in KUL. Very unlikely you can get KUL-SIN BP in REP as TG ex BKK can't even isdue my BP. You have to wait for the gate to open to get your BP.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:33 am
Original Poster

I was trying to jump on SQ227 instead of SQ237 because I wanted to fly First on the 700ER over the 700. Is it worth it for the stress?

I have an option of booking a MH ticket that has the 6:45 SQ Flight as a codeshare. In this instance, would I get KUL-SIN ticket at REP and avoiding transfer desk?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Milz02315
I was trying to jump on SQ227 instead of SQ237 because I wanted to fly First on the 700ER over the 700. Is it worth it for the stress?
Absolutely not if in F, as they are the same seat on the 777-300 as the 777-300ER. Maybe if it was the A380 doing 227.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Absolutely not if in F, as they are the same seat on the 777-300 as the 777-300ER. Maybe if it was the A380 doing 227.
Or if you prefer the sound of a GE engine rather than a RR one.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Hahaha thanks folks. I have no preference on the engine unless GE or RR came out with a model that emits no sound. Sparing myself the stress and taking the 237 flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.