Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Does SQ open more UPG space closer to departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does SQ open more UPG space closer to departure?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Question Does SQ open more UPG space closer to departure?

Dear FTers,

The title says it all.

While it is known that SQ will eventually release Awards at "Saver" level if the cabin is empty-ish close to departure, does the same rule apply to Upgrade Awards?

In other words, if the flight is light loaded, and there are still plenty of seats in F/R, will they make them available at Saver rights, the same way they do it for Redemptions?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by GRUflyer
Dear FTers,

The title says it all.

While it is known that SQ will eventually release Awards at "Saver" level if the cabin is empty-ish close to departure, does the same rule apply to Upgrade Awards?

In other words, if the flight is light loaded, and there are still plenty of seats in F/R, will they make them available at Saver rights, the same way they do it for Redemptions?

Thanks in advance!
A general rule of thumb I use for SQ, if you can redeem saver, you can redeem the upgrade. YMMV of course.

That said as a PPS, you can actually call in and ask if they will release the saver for you. They don't always accommodate, but it does work if circumstances are to your favor (empty-ish F)
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
A general rule of thumb I use for SQ, if you can redeem saver, you can redeem the upgrade. YMMV of course.

That said as a PPS, you can actually call in and ask if they will release the saver for you. They don't always accommodate, but it does work if circumstances are to your favor (empty-ish F)
Thanks for the feedback. I will keep monitoring the Flights until we are closer to departure then I will make sure to follow up in here.

If anyone has more experience, please do share!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by GRUflyer
Thanks for the feedback. I will keep monitoring the Flights until we are closer to departure then I will make sure to follow up in here.

If anyone has more experience, please do share!
Given your profile says you are PPS, why don't you call up and ask them to release space?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: *A
Exactly. Have had to do that several times - it's a simple case of YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.