Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Consistency of A380 configuration to ZRH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Hello all
I am flying SQ SIN to ZRH in December on the A380. I am tall so like to purchase the exit row. I notice it is currently scheduled to operate with the A380 version with Economy Class upstairs and I am tempted to grab the exit row there. Just curious if this is the version usually used and if they often switch to the A380 with the all Business Class upstairs? I don't want to end up with no exit row if they switch configurations.

Thanks for any help!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
I am flying SQ SIN to ZRH in December on the A380. I am tall so like to purchase the exit row. I notice it is currently scheduled to operate with the A380 version with Economy Class upstairs and I am tempted to grab the exit row there. Just curious if this is the version usually used and if they often switch to the A380 with the all Business Class upstairs? I don't want to end up with no exit row if they switch configurations.

Thanks for any help!
I can't comment about the A/C switch.

But what I can say is if they do switch make sure you let them know and raise it up to the station manager if needed.

It would help if you have a copy of the email receipt of you paying for the exit row seat on hand should any amendment occur in my experience as they aren't always reflected in the system.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all

Thanks for any help!
They do use both configurations to/from Zurich.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Many thanks for the responses. I think I'll book the exit row downstairs just in case!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Originally Posted by csidler
They do use both configurations to/from Zurich.
Do they ever swap the A380 with another plane on this route? I am flying in the suites for the first time next Jan.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Swap between the 2 A380 versions (soon 3-4 with the Premium Eco updates) can happen. Main difference is one has a bit smaller Biz cabin on the Upper deck and some Eco at the back and the other version is all Biz on Upper deck.

A swap from an A380 to a 77W or so is really highly unlikely on this route and would only be done under extreme circumstances (e.g. A380 technical, no replacement a/c available and can't be fixed in reasonable time).

You should be good with your Suites booking.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to it. I am putting together a round the world trip and will be trying out different products.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:25 am

Both my flights for November on this sector have been changed to all C upper deck config. Reserved seats were moved to lower deck, but by now all good seats are gone so I'm stuck at the back instead of window/aisle on upper deck

Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by 2035
Both my flights for November on this sector have been changed to all C upper deck config. Reserved seats were moved to lower deck, but by now all good seats are gone so I'm stuck at the back instead of window/aisle on upper deck
SQ ain't great in respecting their paying coach passengers. And they make just a modest effort in offering you a comparable seat in case of a swap. Which I don't understand as SQ pre-allocates soooooo many seats that they should easily be able to substitute smartly.
If I booked a flight last minute, I was always able to get very good seats, probably due to the higher booking class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.