Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Middle Name ?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Singapore Airlines Middle Name ?

Hello,

I am just going to book a flight from Singapore to Australia with Singapore Airlines. In the passenger information I see they have two fields:

First name/Given name (as in passport):

Family name (As in passport):

In my passport I have:

Given names field: Includes first and middle name (example: Ivan Georgiev)

Family Names: Includes the family name only (example: Ivanov)

Should I enter both first and middle name on the passenger information field "First Name/Given name" ?

With Qatar I entered only my First name and Last name, but here they have a specific reminder "(as in passport)" which gets me a bit concerned :/

Can I contact Singapore Airlines directly via e-mail, are they responding fast enough, since the tickets are on a promotional fare

Any help will be appreciated!
Old May 20, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: QFF Bronze, EK Skywards Blue
I have contacted Singapore Airlines previously via email and they were slow to respond (like maybe > 48 hours). But then again my query was complicated too.
Call them? Their call centre was pretty good.
I have flown with airlines before where I only had my first name and last name.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:57 am
Original Poster

I spoke to fellow Bulgarian who flew with Singapore Airlines. He entered just his First Name and Family Name and flew without any problems.
He didn't fly to Australia dough. My eVisitor visa consists of:

Given names: First name Middle Name
Family name: Family Name

And SQ say on their website:

Under Australia's Advance Passenger Processing (APP) system, visa information is obtained from all intending overseas travellers (except New Zealand citizens) and is available at airports before passengers arrive.
For successful Australia Advance Passenger Processing clearance, please make sure:
•The name that you used when making a booking to correspond with your passport name; and
•You have a valid electronic visa from the Australian Government's Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs

I know I may be panicing too much and everything will be fine with only First and Last name, but just want to be sure. It will be painful to be denied boarding in Singapore. The whole trip will be ruined.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: QFF Bronze, EK Skywards Blue
Then just book with your first name + middle name.....
Old May 20, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
This seems to come up quite often.

I imagine the UX was designed to be simple, just first and last name on the website. But the reverse happens and some people start to question it

You're fine to travel just First and Last name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.