Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Girl

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by roverkt
At least she's helping other hopefuls by posting this.
Not helping us, though When I first started flying FA was SUCH a prestigious job that every other (very attractive) young lady wanted in. Nowadays ... not so much - don't really see much eye candy nowadays.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shuigao
Not helping us, though When I first started flying FA was SUCH a prestigious job that every other (very attractive) young lady wanted in. Nowadays ... not so much - don't really see much eye candy nowadays.
That's true...
Old May 12, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by roverkt
Expectations expectations expectations.

So many sign up thinking it's glamorous but get a rude shock when they realize it's anything but that.

At least she's helping other hopefuls by posting this.
More like a lazy girl who should have never applied for employment at a 5-star airline and when she couldn't keep up, she suddenly found herself hating everything about SQ (picture it: I don't want to serve two meals on a 6.5-hour flight, I refuse...).
Old May 13, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
[QUOTE=lokijuh;24801142]What I read into it was that SIN-SYD was bad because of over-working. Basically running 2 meals in 6.5 hrs and dealing with call buttons during that period, whereas SIN-LHR is a bit more relaxed (being much longer).[quote]
Easily possible but not the point I am addressing.
The message I got from her blog was that the rude passengers were the local ones, and she had plenty of praise for the general politeness of most ang-mohs
Fair enough on the second point but the first one makes no sense - the ratio of locals on other routes is certainly not lower. The SIN-OZ services are always packed with Europeans and Ausssies.
..if anything the linked daily mail article seemed to imply that .
Granted that is always a risk. Mainstream media loves to distort points of view.
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
She's missed out on the party to DME
Or did not mind it all that much.
Old May 14, 2015, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by weero
The SIN-OZ services are always packed with Europeans and Ausssies.
Sure?
Particulary on the morning flights to OZ (ex-SIN) you have a significant number of connecting passengers from India.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I've heard about this for years from my SQ cabin crew friends.. they said that flights to Australia are that from the moment the flight takes off to when it lands, almost everyone wants a drink.. and they will continue drinking until every single bottle /can of beer, or booze is gone. And that included day flights.

Yes Australia flights can be tough, but then some are great flights. Japan, Korea flights are easy due to the culture of the passengers. China flights are getting harder and Indian flights are just as demanding too. Passengers from there want anything they can get their hands on, sometimes including pilfering cutlery, safety jackets, and even women's sanitary items - just because there is a SQ logo on it and that it's there, free for the taking!

There are many stories of woe and then there are many stories of joy. I have a school friend, who dreamed of joining SQ for as long as I remember (we were in High School together), and you know what, after 30 years with SQ, he has not taken a single MC (Medical leave) nor any extra day off other than his given vacation time. He loves his job as do so many others.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I've heard about this for years from my SQ cabin crew friends.. they said that flights to Australia are that from the moment the flight takes off to when it lands, almost everyone wants a drink.. and they will continue drinking until every single bottle /can of beer, or booze is gone. And that included day flights.
Bit of cultural stereotyping there, which I will of course continue ... I think that demographic has moved on. They now fly JQ, Scoot etc and do BYO! The few times I've been in Bali, and waiting for an evening departure back to SIN (on KL, SQ or QR), I've noticed a lot of my fellow Australians waiting for the flights south , and have been immensely relieved I've been travelling in the opposite direction
Old May 15, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
There was a good follow up article to this
10 ways passengers can help make Singapore Airlines stewardesses' job on board SQ flights easier
Old May 15, 2015, 8:05 am

Confessions of FAs

Not just Hilary,but many FAs around the world have written in Blogs their escapades during long layovers. Sex,booze,and leisure are well guarded "commodities" they,pilots and Fas will rarely expose to the outside world.
Heather poole is just one of a few ex-FAs who wrote her memoirs.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SQ325
Sure?
Particulary on the morning flights to OZ (ex-SIN) you have a significant number of connecting passengers from India.
Not absolutely sure but certainly my experience for many trips I had to take SQ for. But I am not disputing your observation.
I've heard about this for years from my SQ cabin crew friends.. they said that flights to Australia are that from the moment the flight takes off to when it lands, almost everyone wants a drink.. and they will continue drinking until every single bottle /can of beer, or booze is gone. And that included day flights.....
QED
Originally Posted by Savage25
There was a good follow up article to this ..
I love the clumsy and angered responses to this parody. The degree of self-censorship some readers try to apply to everything out there is embarrassing.

Last edited by weero; May 15, 2015 at 8:34 am
Old May 15, 2015, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I've heard about this for years from my SQ cabin crew friends.. they said that flights to Australia are that from the moment the flight takes off to when it lands, almost everyone wants a drink.. and they will continue drinking until every single bottle /can of beer, or booze is gone. And that included day flights..
Are you saying us Aussies drink waaaaaaaaaay too much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.