Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ miles expiration question

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

SQ miles expiration question

I understand that SQ miles expire after 3 years...

Let's say if I earn 10 miles on 5/30/2015, and earn another 20 miles on 6/1/2017. How many miles will I have on 6/1/2018? is it 20 or 30 miles?

My question is: will earning SQ miles extended the life of previously earned miles...?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To answer your final question: NO. With many airline and hotel programs, various forms of activity extend the life of miles. However, with SQ/KF miles, they expire if unused regardless of how many SQ flights one have taken in the meantime, etc.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To answer your final question: NO. With many airline and hotel programs, various forms of activity extend the life of miles. However, with SQ/KF miles, they expire if unused regardless of how many SQ flights one have taken in the meantime, etc.
So it'll be 20 miles in that made-up scenario..?
Old May 6, 2015, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Exactly.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
You can extend expiring miles for 6 or 12 months (free or forfeit certain %'age depending on duration/status), and/or "extend" by redeeming award flight ~11-12 months in the future
Old May 8, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shuigao
You can extend expiring miles for 6 or 12 months (free or forfeit certain %'age depending on duration/status), and/or "extend" by redeeming award flight ~11-12 months in the future
I think you can only extend expiring miles once right?
Old May 8, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: many
According to the email from SQ, I am not quite getting 36months before expiration, the date provided is 4months less.
Out of curiosity is it first in first out accorded by date for useage? I always have about 500miles left in limbo after each redemption and this year is the first round of my expiration experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.