Wiki Posts
Search

Help with KrisFlyer redemption

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Help with KrisFlyer redemption

Hi,

I need to get from Perth (PER) to Sarajevo (SJJ) using KrisFlyer miles in J. I understand that getting direct to SJJ is not possible, but looking for recommendation on other European destinations which I can then maybe purchase a ticket onwards.

Whilst I need three J seats (2A & 1C) is it best to purchase the infant or what are the points required? Purchasing the sectors I assume will be better value?

Also with J saver you only get a stopover on a RT journey? Can I do a return journey with open jaw and get the stopover, or does it have to be two seperate bookings?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I'd look at Istanbul as an entry point for Sarajevo - although not sure about availablity of seats there, but there are regular services on Turkish (and Pegasus, from a different airport though) to Sarajevo.

Of course, you may just need to take what you can get though in terms of availability, and then find (most likely) one-stop flights from the SQ port to Sarajevo.

In terms of infant fares, SQ charge 10% of the cost of the adult cash fare. For pricing you can look up on SQ website - look at price for 1 adult, then price for 1 adult + 1 infant. The difference is of course the infant fare. You can call to book after redeeming seats for others in travel party.

Last edited by lokijuh; Apr 19, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback....

So I'm know looking at PER - CPH outbound and CPH - SIN (stopover) - PER inbound. The PER-CPH is waitlisted, the CPH-SIN is waitlisted and SIN-PER is available (3 x tix in business), yet the SIA redemption will not let me process the booking?? Gives me an error (tried calling Krisflyer and after a long wait was then disconnected).

Though I can progress the PER-CPH return with no stopover fine (even though both legs are waitlisted)....

Do I need to speak to SIA??? Will they be able to progress my redemption (I have sufficient points).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.