Krisflyer points for LAX to Wash DC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:36 pm
rs2
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer
Krisflyer points for LAX to Wash DC

Hi all,

I want to fly LAX to Wash DC, non-stop, on Monday 14 Sept using Krisflyer miles. I have contacted Singapore Air and they are saying no *Alliance miles/tix available for any airlines, any class, for that day. (My preference is Virgin America but any will do).

Is it possible that *Alliance tix will become available and I should just keep trying? Is there a way of checking availability of awards tix on the various airlines, and if so, does this correspond to what Singapore/Krisflyer are seeing when they look at availabilities to use my miles?

Hope this makes sense!
thanks
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
To search for award space you could try:

ANA (although they've just changed it and I haven't tried recently)
Aeroplan
AwardNexus (free to use for FT members)

If they are available on these then they should be for KF, just note down the flight numbers and call SQ.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
VX is a SQ partner, but not *A so make sure you ask the agent to check for that specifically. The other main option would be UA so also make sure you ask for connecting flights. You never know what the agent tries to do. Worst case hang up and call again.

Last edited by demue; Apr 18, 2015 at 7:13 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:57 am
rs2
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful info.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
ANA (although they've just changed it and I haven't tried recently)
Aeroplan
AwardNexus (free to use for FT members).
Do take note that while AwardNexus is free for FT members you only have 100 points (currency) to query. Once it's used up, you have to wait 90 days to get a free refill of 100 points. AwardNexus is good for multiple alliance searches under 1 search engine.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Interesting, ANA came up with nothing. Lifemiles had several options, obviously they access different inventory. (I'm looking for some star awards myself)

If you know someone in Australia, you could join up Virgin Australia's program, transfer KF miles there @1.35:1 and redeem on DL for about 23,000 KF miles. They have availability but not direct.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Maybe you'd consider just buying the ticket?

VX is quoting US$192 all in oneway.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 pm
rs2
Original Poster

Yes, we might just end up purchasing the tix - we're after 3 tix.

However, does anyone understand why - when I call Singapore Air re using my Krisflyer miles to book a Virgin America flight - there are no availabilities for any range of dates in Sept or Oct.?

In addition to LAX-IAD, we are also after a Virgin America one way flight from BOS-LAX. No availabilities for either of these routes and despite there being multiple VX flights each day, the Singapore agent seems to only take half a minute to look before saying there's no availabilities.

Does that sound right? Any advice?

thanks
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by rs2
Yes, we might just end up purchasing the tix - we're after 3 tix.

However, does anyone understand why - when I call Singapore Air re using my Krisflyer miles to book a Virgin America flight - there are no availabilities for any range of dates in Sept or Oct.?

In addition to LAX-IAD, we are also after a Virgin America one way flight from BOS-LAX. No availabilities for either of these routes and despite there being multiple VX flights each day, the Singapore agent seems to only take half a minute to look before saying there's no availabilities.

Does that sound right? Any advice?

thanks
I imagine it would depend on the agreements between VX and SQ, like how many seats VX would allocate to SQ for partner redemption awards.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
One hopes the agent is looking for VX flights and not VA or VS flights. Did you try the HUACA method? :-)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:34 pm
rs2
Original Poster

Yes, using lots of the HUACA method! thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.