Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Having some trouble changing a KrisFlyer award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

We're booked on an LAX-SYD award with sectors LAX-NRT-SIN plus SIN-SYD. We'd like to change the SIN-SYD to a flight leaving the next morning, which is still a legal connection (under 24 hrs).

We've called the SQ US general reservations line 4x now and been told "although there is inventory on the SIN-SYD sector you want, in order to make this change there also must be new award inventory on the LAX-NRT-SIN sector you are already confirmed on."

Is this true? This constraint seems like it makes award changes surprisingly complicated (having to rebook new space from scratch each time). Is there a better reservations line to be calling?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:48 am

I've never heard of that before. I had an LAX-NRT-SIN-BKK that I changed to SIN-HAN without any issue. And there definitely wasn't additional space available for the LAX-SIN route when I changed it. I would call back and ask for a supervisor. Seems like a ridiculous rule.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
I am guessing something to do with your ticket being LAX-SIN-SYD as a single ticket without stopover.

Not sure myself. Better you call the SQ SIN line on Skype.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA GS
Had the exact same issue today when trying to change the SIN-MAA segment date in a LAX-SIN-MAA redemption flight for the family. I was told by the agent that each departure station has their own separate quota of award seats and although SIN-MAA for the date I was looking at is available for a new redemption, it is not available for my existing booking since the quota from LAX has been exhausted (and a new booking for SIN-MAA is allocated under SIN quota).

When I told the agent that it was difficult to understand the logic involved, pat came the reply that this policy was both difficult for agents to explain and for customers to understand !

At any rate, the approach taken is to waitlist for this segment and with any luck, it comes through in a few days (or weeks).

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.