Search

Complimentary Stopover

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat
Complimentary Stopover

Hi everyone,

I reedemed SQ Award Business Standard tickets on a flight for 5 Jun from JFK – SIN and am trying to do a 1 day stopover in FRA but SQ said that there is no standard redemption available on 6 Jun for FRA – SIN.

Is the complimentary stopover dependent on there being award space?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:09 am

Yes there must be award seats available at the level you are booking. Maybe you can see if there's availability witha longer stopover in FRA.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: enrich gold,velocity gold,qantas,
give them a ring, a $100 fee will get you the stopover, and you still get the 15%
"on line" discount.Done that a few times and as usual the cs bend over backwards.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by pominoz
give them a ring, a $100 fee will get you the stopover, and you still get the 15%
"on line" discount.Done that a few times and as usual the cs bend over backwards.
On "standard" awards you do not need to pay a $100 fee for a stopover at FRA between JFK & SIN. On standard awards the fee only applies if needing a second stopover in a direction (such as stopovers in SIN & FRA enroute from SYD-JFK)

Otherwise the $100 fee only applies to one way saver awards, or a second stopover in a return saver award.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was just able to call SQ and change the date on a one-way saver award ticket to add a stopover. There was a $100 stopover fee, but actually overall I was quoted a negative add/collect because SQ recently reduced their fuel surcharges.

About how long should I expect it to take for the ticket to be reissued?

The new flights show up as confirmed online and I have seat assignments, but when I click "view eticket" online it shows the old pre-change e-ticket numbers, and when I click on one of those eticket numbers it shows the old receipt with the old itinerary.

The phone agent said I would be e-mailed a copy of the new e-ticket info, but so far all I got by e-mail is a confirmation of my itinerary which says in part "Please note that the ticket issuance time limit for your Singapore Airlines/SilkAir flights is 24 May 2015 1400 hours GMT, after which your booking will be cancelled. Kindly arrange for your ticket(s) to be issued early and do take into consideration the operating hours of your local Singapore Airlines office."
Old May 21, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I was just able to call SQ and change the date on a one-way saver award ticket to add a stopover. There was a $100 stopover fee, but actually overall I was quoted a negative add/collect because SQ recently reduced their fuel surcharges.

About how long should I expect it to take for the ticket to be reissued?

The new flights show up as confirmed online and I have seat assignments, but when I click "view eticket" online it shows the old pre-change e-ticket numbers, and when I click on one of those eticket numbers it shows the old receipt with the old itinerary.

The phone agent said I would be e-mailed a copy of the new e-ticket info, but so far all I got by e-mail is a confirmation of my itinerary which says in part "Please note that the ticket issuance time limit for your Singapore Airlines/SilkAir flights is 24 May 2015 1400 hours GMT, after which your booking will be cancelled. Kindly arrange for your ticket(s) to be issued early and do take into consideration the operating hours of your local Singapore Airlines office."

Interesting. Mght have to push back my stopover also. How much of a refund we are talking about?
Old May 21, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Interesting. Mght have to push back my stopover also. How much of a refund we are talking about?
I was quoted about a 100SGD refund as the add/collect cost per ticket. Originally booked a LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD award ticket in February and paid $545 per pax in taxes & fees. (Fuel surcharges have gone down considerably since then.)

It has been about 24 hrs since I made the booking change by phone, and the old e-ticket numbers still show up online & when I click through to see the receipt I see the old flights shown on the e-ticket receipt. The phone agent told me I would be reticketed and would get an e-mail when it happened — does anyone know whether I need to be worried or whether this will happen automatically?
Old May 26, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I was quoted about a 100SGD refund as the add/collect cost per ticket. Originally booked a LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD award ticket in February and paid $545 per pax in taxes & fees. (Fuel surcharges have gone down considerably since then.)

It has been about 24 hrs since I made the booking change by phone, and the old e-ticket numbers still show up online & when I click through to see the receipt I see the old flights shown on the e-ticket receipt. The phone agent told me I would be reticketed and would get an e-mail when it happened — does anyone know whether I need to be worried or whether this will happen automatically?
I tried pushing the stopover backwards, but that did nothing for my taxes. They said I had to actually change the actual routing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.