Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Using KrisFlyer lounge in SIN in transit to/from NZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Hi guys

This announcement on the NZ website makes me think that, if you're transiting (in economy as a *G), you can use the Krisflyer Lounges at SIN (and not just the other fairly poor options). http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/star-...apore-airlines

Do any of you know if this is the case?

Ta!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
All Star Alliance Gold members can use the Krisflyer Gold lounge (which some would say is your "fairly poor option") when they are on a Star Alliance flight. You can't use the Silver Kris lounge though, unless you're in J/F or a PPS member.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by tango3
You can't use the Silver Kris lounge though, unless you're in J/F or a PPS member.
Almost right, although in the context of this discussion, there is one exception, for the case of NZ Gold elites connecting to/from AKL/CHC flights:
In addition, from 6 January 2015, Business Class passengers, Elite members and Elite Partners, when connecting to or from an Air New Zealand or Singapore Airlines flight between New Zealand and Singapore, can access the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Business Class lounge in Singapore.
In this wording both Elite and Elite Partner have specific definitions in the NZ scheme, although it I could see how some could misinterpret "Elite" has having any elite status with the airline, and Elite Partner as someone with elite status on a partner airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.