Community
Wiki Posts
Search

77WN now flying to...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
Any 77WN's flying to DXB?
There was a one-off substitution of a 77WN about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but that's all............not assigned to that route.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Hello,

Does anybody know what days the refitted/updated aircraft will be flying from HKG->SFO the week of 03/09?

EDIT: I believe I figured it out. It looks like Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. If anybody can confirm, that would be awesome

Thanks!

mvem23

Last edited by mvem23; Mar 2, 2015 at 5:22 pm Reason: Additional information added.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by mvem23
Hello,

Does anybody know what days the refitted/updated aircraft will be flying from HKG->SFO the week of 03/09?

EDIT: I believe I figured it out. It looks like Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. If anybody can confirm, that would be awesome

Thanks!

mvem23
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday on SQ 2 ex SIN and HKG is correct; Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday ex SFO on the turn.

Very consistent so far -- SQ haven't missed a 77WN assignment to these flights yet since starting the rotation 5 February.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday on SQ 2 ex SIN and HKG is correct; Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday ex SFO on the turn.

Very consistent so far -- SQ haven't missed a 77WN assignment to these flights yet since starting the rotation 5 February.
Does anyone know if they're planning on making SQ1/2 daily with the 77WN later in the year? Or will they just keep certain day of the week frequencies?

I'm planning on flying SQ2 on June 1st, but it's a Monday, so based on this, I'll be getting the old product?

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
Does anyone know if they're planning on making SQ1/2 daily with the 77WN later in the year? Or will they just keep certain day of the week frequencies?

I'm planning on flying SQ2 on June 1st, but it's a Monday, so based on this, I'll be getting the old product?

Thanks
Nothing is likely to change before August except the addition of the SIN - MEL - SIN turn once 9V-SNA is delivered.

In August, SQ231/222 between SIN and SYD get the reconfigured 4 class version of the 77WN in place of the current 3 class 77WN. That frees up one equivalent frame with new seats, but no PEY. It might go to SQ2/SQ1 opposite the one now assigned Tue, Thu, Sat.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:20 am

Nothing is likely to change before August except the addition of the SIN - MEL - SIN turn once 9V-SNA is delivered.

In August, SQ231/222 between SIN and SYD get the reconfigured 4 class version of the 77WN in place of the current 3 class 77WN. That frees up one equivalent frame with new seats, but no PEY. It might go to SQ2/SQ1 opposite the one now assigned Tue, Thu, Sat.
Thanks for the insight! So is it safe to assume that SQ2 ex-HKG leaving on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday on the new 77WN is standard now? Any possibility they may switch up the days or change it to another route?

I'm debating on waitlisting my SQ2 flight to leave on Tuesday instead of Monday to take advantage in June, but will be disappointed if it's not a 77WN.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle

Just to clarify, since SFO-HKG SQ1 is a past midnight flight, that means the new cabins are Monday (sunday night), Thursday (Wednesday night) and Saturday (friday night) departures. However, SQ2 flies out before midnight.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by RXSF
Just to clarify, since SFO-HKG SQ1 is a past midnight flight, that means the new cabins are Monday (sunday night), Thursday (Wednesday night) and Saturday (friday night) departures. However, SQ2 flies out before midnight.
Thanks. Is there a definite plan to increase the frequency on SQ 1/2 to daily later in the year? I'll happily accept totally uninformed speculation as well.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by RXSF
Not quite. SQ1 gets the 77WN ex-SFO Sunday (Saturday night), Wednesday (Tuesday night) and Friday (Thursday night). SQ2 arrives SFO the same day it departs SIN.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:46 pm

my mistake thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Thanks. Is there a definite plan to increase the frequency on SQ 1/2 to daily later in the year? I'll happily accept totally uninformed speculation as well.
Found this article online:
http://www.traveldailymedia.com/2179...-in-hong-kong/

"The new aircraft will initially be deployed on three weekly Singapore-Hong Kong-San Francisco services, gradually increasing to daily as more aircraft enter service."
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:50 pm

well gradually could mean an eternity. These products were introduced back in 2013...and they still are using the old product.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:02 am

Is there any to identify whether it's the 77WN vs 77W from the seatmap?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is there any to identify whether it's the 77WN vs 77W from the seatmap?
Nope.

But there are now two re-configured seat maps: both have 4 F and 48 J; one has 28 PEY and 184 Y; the other has 232 Y and no PEY.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:40 pm

So how do you know what routes in the future the 77wn will be flying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.