Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Chase Ultimate Rewards and Singapore Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Undecided if I should transfer my Chase points to Singapore and treat myself to a first class saver award or transfer over to Hyatt and basically stay in a top end luxury property for about a week.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Undecided if I should transfer my Chase points to Singapore and treat myself to a first class saver award or transfer over to Hyatt and basically stay in a top end luxury property for about a week.

Thoughts?
Have you checked availability?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you checked availability?
There is plenty of availability with enough planning. I'm pretty flexible with dates so it doesn't seem like much of a problem.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:19 pm

The Hyatt luxury will last longer than the SQ flight if that helps...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Not sure what category property you are looking at but don't forget Hyatt's Points + Cash option. You just may be able to do both!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nashstat
The Hyatt luxury will last longer than the SQ flight if that helps...
I came around to this thought. I can use AMEX MR and Citi TY points for SQ. Chase can go to Hyatt. My only problem with Hyatt is that I wished they had a buy 3/get 4th or buy 4/get 5th free rewards promotion similar to Marriott and Starwood.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
I came around to this thought. I can use AMEX MR and Citi TY points for SQ. Chase can go to Hyatt. My only problem with Hyatt is that I wished they had a buy 3/get 4th or buy 4/get 5th free rewards promotion similar to Marriott and Starwood.
Hyatt sometimes has Xth Night Free promos on cash rates but that's about it.

Redeeming points on Hyatt also isn't as good as on Starwood because award stays don't get counted and you can't apply a Diamond Suite Upgrade. If you have a DSU and/or interested in maintaining status, Points + Cash works out better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.