Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help! Krisflyer Audit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by bagold
That's what I thought too? Amex Membership Rewards allows this why should SQ block it? Pooling SQ miles to me means somehow transferring from one Krisflyer account to another Krisflyer account. But this is credit card transfer... why is that not allowed?
I assume they're trying to prevent the selling of miles which can be done this way.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:46 am

Please Help! Krisflyer Audit

Sure, but spouse? Same family name and address? AMEX allows it so as their partner, SQ should, too.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by djibouti
Sure, but spouse? Same family name and address? AMEX allows it so as their partner, SQ should, too.
Unfortunately SQ doesn't even allow pooling of miles between family members.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's their airline and their FF program, so SQ can basically set whatever rules it wants regardless of what some credit card company does on this issue.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's their airline and their FF program, so SQ can basically set whatever rules it wants regardless of what some credit card company does on this issue.
I completely disagree. This isn't "some credit card company" that's one-sidedly giving you points--this is a partner with negotiated terms. It's not unreasonable to assume that SQ and MR agreed on their terms, and that if one allows it, the other should, too.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I completely disagree. This isn't "some credit card company" that's one-sidedly giving you points--this is a partner with negotiated terms. It's not unreasonable to assume that SQ and MR agreed on their terms, and that if one allows it, the other should, too.
The problem is that AmEx is a partner of a number of airline FF programs, each of which has its own rules. IMO it would be a mess for AmEx to have totally different basic rules depending on which airline FF program a cardholder uses. To quote a post in another thread here today, "SQ is not DL" but both are partners with AmEx.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:18 am

And if SQ were to decide that it's against the ToS to redeem points earned for dining? That gets into the credit card's domain. They bought the points and SQ shouldn't be dictating how they give them to the card members. If they have a problem with that they shouldn't agree to the partnership.

On the other point, I think that it is entirely reasonable to expect AmEx to not let you do something if they know that it can get you in trouble with their partner. They are much more privy to that information than the average card member and with only a dozen or so partners it's not exactly an intractable problem to have separate rules...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Am curious if OP ever got the membership reward points back (which were transferred to SQ) and if the so the time frame for that?

Last edited by gv111; Nov 26, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.