Wiki Posts
Search

First Class on SQ637: No snack menu!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Krisflyer

Recently travelled from NRT to SIN on SQ637. It was the (relatively) new First Class product. Still spankingly nice.

However, I was rather dismayed that for a 7h 25 min flight, there was just one meal service: lunch. I'm quite not expecting another full meal - light or otherwise - before landing,

But come on, it's quite a travesty that there was not even a snack menu.

I'm not sure how many meals are offered on the other SQ flights (SIN-NRT or NRT-SIN) on First/Business. However, I do hope that SQ looks into this glaring gap in First Class service.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:42 pm

On SQ638 they had a choice of Supper and BF in First.

By the way, i reckon that most passengers on SQ637 would skip the second meal/snacks anyway. BF taken in the Hotel/Lounge, Lunch onboard, Dinner in a Restaurant in SIN. The flight times are pefect for such an arrangment.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:09 am

I've had the same experience on SQ237 from SIN to MEL and also in F. Having just flown in from LHR earlier that evening, both my wife and I fancied a quick snack before catching up on sleep but we were told the very same, that we only had the option of having our main meal and that no snack menu was available.

The LS then asked us to wait whilst she popped across to the business glass galley where she rustled up a sandwich from their snack menu - quite strange really!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by SQ325
By the way, i reckon that most passengers on SQ637 would skip the second meal/snacks anyway. BF taken in the Hotel/Lounge, Lunch onboard, Dinner in a Restaurant in SIN. The flight times are pefect for such an arrangment.
It's really about giving your passengers an option rather than assuming that they would be tucking in to a glorious feast in SIN.

Also, sounds rather odd that for the Melbourne segment, Business has a snack menu but First doesn't? What gives?

Wonder if anyone has flagged this matter up (NRT and MLB) to SQ?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by lesmiz99
It's really about giving your passengers an option rather than assuming that they would be tucking in to a glorious feast in SIN.
I think that SQ would know better what their customers are consuming on such short flights and that they adjusted this accordingly (you should also consider that the load in F is pretty low on these sectors).
I know SQ as being quite flexible and helpful with the meals arrangements in C and F, if you ask they arrange something for you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Why do you call those flights in question short? 7-8hrs (NRT, MEL) is sufficient in length to warrant them carrying a few snack items in F. Not saying 5 different hot and cold snack options, but something should be there and there should be no need for crew to rustle something up from C. YMMV
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Last month, I treated myself to a redemption flight, First on SQ638 continuiing onto SQ12 in Suites to LAX.
My conclusion was that I should have redeemed economy on the red-eye. It was a total waste of miles to book First on that flight. There was only a breakfast type choice (called sleeper service)... see for yourself, what a shame !
Glad I had BTC'ed ! And my meal was served "as is", no satay, no caviar
So I opted to not sleep and watch TV all night drinking Krug

Last edited by Durian; Nov 7, 2014 at 1:01 am
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Durian
Last month, I treated myself to a redemption flight, First on SQ638 continuiing onto SQ12 in Suites to LAX.
My conclusion was that I should have redeemed economy on the red-eye. It was a total waste of miles to book First on that flight. There was only a breakfast type choice (called sleeper service)... see for yourself, what a shame !
Glad I had BTC'ed ! And my meal was served "as is", no satay, no caviar
So I opted to not sleep and watch TV all night drinking Krug

You should have gone to the Private Room and eat up and down their menu. It's anyway nicer then the "Microwave-Food" onboard.

Anway, i never understood why some people prefer eating sub-standard food onboard over making use of the space for a proper sleep.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, CX Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SQ325
You should have gone to the Private Room and eat up and down their menu. It's anyway nicer then the "Microwave-Food" onboard.

Anway, i never understood why some people prefer eating sub-standard food onboard over making use of the space for a proper sleep.
maybe that's because I don't eat caviar and drink Krug everyday while I get to sleep in a bed everyday
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:07 pm

the sleeper service to Tokyo seems bad...but as rightly pointed out, I would rather eat in the lounge and catch up on good flat beds onboard than eat..that say, does not excuse SQ for offering such poor choice on board for FCL.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Krisflyer

Anyone here knows whom I should write to at SQ on this piece of feedback? Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ManUtd99
Anyone here knows whom I should write to at SQ on this piece of feedback? Thank you!
Maybe just use the online feedback form? I tried it once for them to check a routing for me and I never got a reply. That was a month ago.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by ManUtd99
You should have done that onboard. The only way that the feedback is really ending up at customers relation.

Online form: pretty useless and not worth the effort. To my experience you have a 50/50 chance to recieve an answer. And if you get one, it will be like "we value you feedback
but....."
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay the TPR part for food is a fair point and certainly something I would do in this case if flying F. VC Le Grand Dame at TPR is certainly an acceptable alternative to me over Krug on board which I could have anyway. For breakfast you could always BTC an option from the F list and have the "supper" dish served for breakfast.

That's probably the best way to optimize this experience and still get some decent sleep.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Was in SQ802 traveling to Beijing on F last week... Sadly there were no chips/snacks to munch on after the brunch service ... End up with 2 pieces of butter cookies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.