Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Changing an upgrade ticket to award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys,

Wld like to check with you all if anyone has any experience changing an upgrade ticket to an award ticket?

I bought a Y ticket, upgraded to J.

I am thinking of changing it to redeeming a J ticket outright instead, wld tt be possible?

Think I will give the SQ agent a call later, but just thot if anyone here can advise of the possibilities, in case the agent can't give the best advice?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Well, I haven't personally done this before but given that the Y ticket should allow for cancellation you can just cancel the upgrade, the Y ticket and book a J award.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks Elleana. I can cancel the Y ticket but the mechanics of doing so (advised by agent) will be:

1) Cancel Y ticket and wait 2-4 weeks for refund (USD100 fee)
2) Redeposit miles used for upgrade (USD30 fee)
3) Rebook J award (without 15% online discount, as I have to do it through the agent!)

I will see how I can get them to give me the discount still...
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Go call and explain to the agent. You may have to try a few times to find a helpful one

My experience is on the reverse: from award ticket to upgraded Y ticket. 15% online discount was still honoured.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I will try and see if I can and update here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.