Wiki Posts
Search

New Zealand Saver Awards on C

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KF PPS, MM FT
New Zealand Saver Awards on C

Been looking for business class tickets for redemption from New Zealand to Singapore in 2015. Ive found that theres' no immediate availability of Saver tickets from CHC (but one can still waitlist) and no chance even to waitlist for flights out of Auckland. Are flights of NZ always so in demand to justify this situation really? Anyone had success before in clearing a Saver redemption from NZ here?
Best, Loalq.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
What time of year are you looking for?

Business class is often full in my experience (most common for AKL flights and less common for CHC flights) and with SQ281/282 now switching to NZ that will have significantly reduced the available pool for awards.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:03 am
Original Poster

I was searching for fares on MArch-May 2015, and the situation is the same throughout: availability to waitlist for C saver from CHC, no possibility even to waitlist C saver from AKL.

Wasn't NZ supposed to start service between AKL and SIN as well? When is that due to happen?

Best, loalq
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Loalq
..Wasn't NZ supposed to start service between AKL and SIN as well? When is that due to happen?
The chances of getting an award on Air NZ flights are very low
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...-nowadays.html
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Loalq
Wasn't NZ supposed to start service between AKL and SIN as well?
Yes but this replaces SQ281/282 and NZ very rarely releases any *A awards (if you think SQ is stingy they have nothing on NZ). So net there will be a loss of award availability.

SQ285/286 is operated by 77W (or A380 in northern winter peak season) = extremely limited awards.

Thus the SIN-CHC flights are the best bet for awards (other than NZ's AKL-PVG flights).
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:46 am

Hi Loalq,

There is availability from CHC on March 20 for 1 person.

There is availability from AKL for many dates in March, April & May for 2 people.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Hi Maestro, thanks for the heads up. This time I will have to stick with my dates and pray that SQ releases some awards in time from CHC...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.