Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MNL Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:12 am
Original Poster

New MNL Lounge?

I'll be flying MNL-SIN in J next month. I read that there is an interim lounge in place. Is that true? What facilities do they have?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Check here for a TR (not mine) that covers the temporary SQ lounge at MNL.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Oh dear , will be there in Jan , ready ' early ' 15 ' seems rather too long way away .
Like LHR T2 , delay !
Just hope these lounges will be really worth the wait / vastly improved from previous

Last edited by FlyerEC; Sep 28, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
When will the new KF lounge open in MNL? I plan to be there in Feb 2015. I actually liked the old lounge in T1. I felt out of all the other lounges in T1, KF was the best one.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by chisquared
Check here for a TR (not mine) that covers the temporary SQ lounge at MNL.
I almost spit out my drink laughing at this poor excuse of a lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I almost spit out my drink laughing at this poor excuse of a lounge.
You obviously haven't done much flying out of MNL! I was in this lounge a few days ago (flying SQ Business) and I must say it wasn't too bad; as the TR linked to above notes, the main drawback is the walk to the toilets.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
You obviously haven't done much flying out of MNL! I was in this lounge a few days ago (flying SQ Business) and I must say it wasn't too bad; as the TR linked to above notes, the main drawback is the walk to the toilets.
Any updates ?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by trigleek
I actually liked the old lounge in T1. I felt out of all the other lounges in T1, KF was the best one.
You're not the only one who thinks so. The lounge has been repurposed into a Priority Pass/KE lounge.

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Any updates ?
Haven't heard any, so I suspect the SKL isn't open yet. I'm flying out of MNL in a few days; I'll update this thread when I find out for myself.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I tried this lounge last week and ask an update to the new SKL, they said it should be ready by Feb 2015.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by scrappydog
I tried this lounge last week and ask an update to the new SKL, they said it should be ready by Feb 2015.
I was there just a week ago and it's definitely a makeshift lounge not to the standards of the usual krisflyer lounge. I'm not too familiar with why SQ opted to move to Terminal 3 but I would have hoped they did so after the completion of the KF lounge there. Good to know it will open next month.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by trigleek
I was there just a week ago and it's definitely a makeshift lounge not to the standards of the usual krisflyer lounge. I'm not too familiar with why SQ opted to move to Terminal 3 but I would have hoped they did so after the completion of the KF lounge there. Good to know it will open next month.
Will this include *A passengers? I will fly SQ Y and wonder if they discriminate like at SIN. (send *A to another lounge)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Will this include *A passengers? I will fly SQ Y and wonder if they discriminate like at SIN. (send *A to another lounge)
SIN is the only airport (AFAIK) where there is a separate lounge for PPS/J class and KF/star alliance gold. At all other ports, including ones with recently upgraded lounges (such as HKG, SYD, MEL), gold members have access to the same lounges as PPS and business class passengers. Don't see why it would be any different at MNL.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:14 pm

At the lounge in MNL. Still no SKL, as expected given earlier posts.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:28 pm

Yes , rather warm even with the large portable fans , but ok as in a rather quiet zone . SKL should be ready in February , if not by March it seems .
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Flying out in a Business class the third week of April 2015, I hope the new lounge will be ready by then. I've walked past the current one several times now on my way to and from The Pacific Club CX and DL use. It really looks like a poor set up, basically an area separated off with make shift walls, seems like very little privacy, as every one walking by to their gates can see you sitting there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.