Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Terminal 2 Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have the choice of flying BA or SK to CPH in November, and have chosen SK to check out Terminal 2 for the first time. I am BA Silver but sadly no *A status so will have to book into Business for this.

I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. I believe I can visit any *A lounge in T2, but can I 'lounge hop' from one to the other? And if so, how far is it from say LH in the main terminal to the lounges in the 'B' area (UA/SQ/AC)?
2. If time becomes an issue, which order would you recommend I visit the lounges in to get the best experience? Which one could I skip?
3. Is Fast Track security in T2 generally much quicker than normal security? In T5 it is very hit and miss.
4. Is the SK Business Class product in Europe better than/worse than/on par with airlines like BA? It is only £60 more than Economy so it isn't a huge cost issue, but it does mean the status miles would be wasted as I probably won't fly *A again this year, but would fly BA/OneWorld regularly.

Thanks,

H
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I have the choice of flying BA or SK to CPH in November, and have chosen SK to check out Terminal 2 for the first time. I am BA Silver but sadly no *A status so will have to book into Business for this.

1. I believe I can visit any *A lounge in T2, but can I 'lounge hop' from one to the other? And if so, how far is it from say LH in the main terminal to the lounges in the 'B' area (UA/SQ/AC)?
2. If time becomes an issue, which order would you recommend I visit the lounges in to get the best experience? Which one could I skip?
3. Is Fast Track security in T2 generally much quicker than normal security? In T5 it is very hit and miss.
4. Is the SK Business Class product in Europe better than/worse than/on par with airlines like BA? It is only £60 more than Economy so it isn't a huge cost issue, but it does mean the status miles would be wasted as I probably won't fly *A again this year, but would fly BA/OneWorld regularly.

Thanks,

H
I lounge-hopped in Heathrow T2 on an SQ Business Class Ticket, so you can definitely do that.

How far from main area? I would say at least a 10 minute fast walk or a 15 minute moderate walk.

This video of the walk should give you a very good idea.

In terms of lounges, my fav would be the United Club.

Second fav would be the SilverKris.

Maple Leaf is just next to SliverKris, so you can pop in to take a look too.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I lounge-hopped in Heathrow T2 on an SQ Business Class Ticket, so you can definitely do that.

How far from main area? I would say at least a 10 minute fast walk or a 15 minute moderate walk.
Oh wow, thanks for the info, and thank you for the video links. Will have a look at these when I get home.

I have flown from T5 a lot recently and have started to get quite bored of the routine, so fancied a change for once!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
T5 is a mess both before and after security. Not a nice place at all. T2 is by far the best in my 'umble opinion.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Would the SQ lounge dragon let a passenger departing on an SK flight into their lounge (either if in Business or Star Gold)?
I mean the passenger is in the "wrong" terminal?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure, they do seem somewhat inflexible to me with respect to the rules but apply them consistently and fairly. YMMV.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by HarryKUK

Thanks,

H
1. You can definitely "lounge hop", it will actually be a shame if you don't. I actually measured how much time it took me to get for the A gates escalators to the B gates escalators. It was a 5 minutes rapid walk on the moving walkway. Keep in mind that when you're heading back to A, the is no moving walkway facing your direction. The LH lounge and the escalators towards the B gates are at opposite ends of the A gates area.
2. I only had the time for the SilverKris and United Club. I would definitely recommend those although I didn't try the other two. If you like Asian food, go eat at the SilverKris lounge, if you like American/Mexican food, use the United Club. If you want to get some cocktails, go to the United Club. It has the best airline lounge bar I've seen, even better than the bar at the Swiss Lounge at Zurich A gates as the United Club bar is a non-smoking one.
3. I only tried the fast track so I can't compare, but it was fast.
4. No idea. Never flew SK.

P.S - I've just started a blog about Gluten Free travel. My first post is about the SilverKris lounge at Heathrow. I believe it could be worth reading even for people who eat gluten : http://myglutenfreetravel.blogspot.c...es-london.html.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Having been to all the lounges in T2 now I will say that each lounge offers something different.
My least favourite is UA, if not least because it's often crowded and the food is in disgusting mass-serving bowls like in the US.
AC lounge is reasonable, and has actual bartender-made coffee drinks. Has reclining pods for a nap. Also some fresh-made food options.
SQ lounge is very quiet right now (in people, that is. The music blasting through the speakers is pretty annoying!). Nice food options. Biggest issue is the limited window seating space.
LH lounge has the airiest and most contemporary design, along with the best view. But it isn't up to par with FRA or MUC in terms of food. Also has reclining chairs but not private like AC.
And the PP lounge is dark... I'm not a fan.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by lishorsh
If you want to get some cocktails, go to the United Club. It has the best airline lounge bar I've seen, even better than the bar at the Swiss Lounge at Zurich A gates as the United Club bar is a non-smoking one.
We have the same taste The only consoliation for losing T2 as my home airport is the Zurich A lounge bar...

Anyway, back to the OP

1. The way back from T2B has no walkways, but also fewer people... so it nets out. I could make T2 to T2B in either direction in 5 minutes but I am an extremely fast walker.

2. I had ample opportunity to try out all the T2 lounges and my routine for intra-Europe became:

- SQ for food and a glass of champagne
- UA for more drinks and some work if needed (it's more crowded and noisier but airier, so this was a matter of preference)
- Back to LH to wait out my short haul flight

I always skipped AC, I've never particularly liked the atmosphere of the lounges.

3. It never took me longer than 5 minutes from arriving at T2 to clearing security. So it is extremely fast. Except for one time when the Accenture branding went up - confusingly the arrow on the logo points away from the entry to fast track, so I thought it had moved and went on a bit of a detour...

4. Flew SK business a couple of times, but this was a few years back. From memory it was pretty decent, food and wine were both really good and service attentive. Hard product about the same as any intra-European airline for Business.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlisi984
Having been to all the lounges in T2 now I will say that each lounge offers something different.
My least favourite is UA, if not least because it's often crowded and the food is in disgusting mass-serving bowls like in the US.
AC lounge is reasonable, and has actual bartender-made coffee drinks. Has reclining pods for a nap. Also some fresh-made food options.
SQ lounge is very quiet right now (in people, that is. The music blasting through the speakers is pretty annoying!). Nice food options. Biggest issue is the limited window seating space.
LH lounge has the airiest and most contemporary design, along with the best view. But it isn't up to par with FRA or MUC in terms of food. Also has reclining chairs but not private like AC.
And the PP lounge is dark... I'm not a fan.
What? They have a bain marie to keep the food warm. I have only noticed it crowded when there has been delayed/cancelled flights and by far it is the airiest and brightest. And is my favourite with SQ a very very close second.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:35 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
4. Flew SK business a couple of times, but this was a few years back. From memory it was pretty decent, food and wine were both really good and service attentive. Hard product about the same as any intra-European airline for Business.
SK no longer has a J product intra-Europe, it is Y+. SK forum has all the details, but if you are the type to pay for intra-Europe J, don't pay for SK's Y+. As a longhaul feeder it is fine.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
I've just returned from UK on SQ via LHR T2 and was really impressed with the newish terminal and the SQ lounge. The lounge had plenty of space and the food was really good too. Couple of random comments:

If you're *Gold flying economy do bring your Gold card to gain access to Fastrack security. I managed to talk my way in with a boarding pass but they really weren't happy.

The SQ gates and lounge is literally a mile away from the main terminal so do leave plenty of time!

I found alcohol prices in LHR duty free to be pretty uncompetitive compared to Changi which surprised me. Maybe current strength of the pound?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:56 am

Not the GBP strength - it's just that people think duty free means cheaper. It doesn't. Most booze has been more expensive at LHR duty free compared to SIN for a while now.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Power outlets

One thing worth noting if you're planning on working and just transiting through T2 - The SQ lounge has only British/Singaporean power outlets. At least for me it was an issue being unable to charge my phone. It was resolved by using the US outlets in the UA lounge.

I believe that next time I'm in T2 I'll allow for atleast 4 hours layover in order to enjoy all four of them.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:59 am

Hi, I would like to seek some advises. Will be travelling from SIN to London on SQ business class. Am I allow to use SilverKris lounge at T2? Also, do I need to claim my luggage before visiting the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.