Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Is the SilverKris Lounge at HKG Lounge Open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres

The SQ lounge at HKG is/was closed for renovation. Does anyone know if the lounge has reopened or whether a date certain is posted for the reopening? Departing HKG for NRT on NH (I am *G) on Sun 9/21 and hoping to enjoy the SQ lounge. Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
As of September 12 it was still closed. A notice is posted where the lounge is located says "mid-September," but one of the posted construction documents which I believe is a permit says October 2.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kluau88
As of September 12 it was still closed. A notice is posted where the lounge is located says "mid-September," but one of the posted construction documents which I believe is a permit says October 2.
Thanks for the information. Too bad.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
The SQ lounge at HKG is/was closed for renovation. Does anyone know if the lounge has reopened or whether a date certain is posted for the reopening? Departing HKG for NRT on NH (I am *G) on Sun 9/21 and hoping to enjoy the SQ lounge. Thanks.
I was there last Monday and will be again in 2 hours time. I was told it is "scheduled" to open end of September and that is a BIG IF all go according to schedules. So....

The new SKL will have a F and J sections with shower facilities.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll just have to HKG lounge hop at UA and TG exclusively this weekend (a primarily domestic U.S. lounge visitor sighs ... completely in jest).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:17 pm

Was there on 13 Sept. Still closed.

Pics here:
[HKG] United 'Global First Lounge' & Thai Royal Orchid Lounge
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=299479ce01
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Here's the notice from SQ website:

Temporary closure of SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong Intl Airport

To elevate the lounge experience of our customers, SilverKris Lounge in Hong Kong International Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation from 23 June to September 2014. The lounge is scheduled to reopen in end September 2014. During this period, eligible customers will be invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge, United Club or Royal Orchid Lounge.

Plaza Premium Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Located at West Hall Gate 40, use escalator or lift near Gate 40)
United Club: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 60)
Royal Orchid Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 40)

Singapore Airlines customers travelling in First Class are invited to use any of the above lounges . Customers travelling in Business Class, as well as PPS Club and KrisFlyer Gold members travelling in Economy Class, are invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge.

Invitations to the United Club and Royal Orchid lounges are based on the prevailing Star Alliance member lounge access policies. Customers may refer to Star Alliance's website for more information.

Last updated on 1 September 2014, 1613hrs (GMT+8)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Flying out of HKG on 2nd October.. Fingers crossed it is back open.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by csidler
Flying out of HKG on 2nd October.. Fingers crossed it is back open.
More like fingers and toes crossed .. Even for mid Oct when I ' ll be there , hoping to use it after LHR T2 disappointment . Likely a repeat
Anyway , of lounges offered , Royal Orchid Lounge is quieter & usually closer to the plane , as is Plaza Premium Lounge but United Club is rather inconvenient .

Please keep us posted .
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:12 am

Still closed as of September 30.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
More like fingers and toes crossed .. Even for mid Oct when I ' ll be there , hoping to use it after LHR T2 disappointment . Likely a repeat
Anyway , of lounges offered , Royal Orchid Lounge is quieter & usually closer to the plane , as is Plaza Premium Lounge but United Club is rather inconvenient .
For good Asian food, which lounge would you recommend?

Till now, I only used the SQ lounge because of its chinese soup and laksa noodles. Pity that it is currently closed. I will be stopping over in HKG in October.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:47 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Will just have to wait for SQ to re - open . Or possibly , CX .
If not , TG for now .
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:57 am

Still closed on October 2. The notice on the paneling says the lounge will open in "October."
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:41 am

Still closed tonight, October 6.

PS This is my first post. Flyer talk has been so useful to me over the years and so current that this is the first time I have something to contribute that's not already up to date!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Here's the notice from SQ website:

Temporary closure of SilverKris Lounge at Hong Kong Intl Airport

To elevate the lounge experience of our customers, SilverKris Lounge in Hong Kong International Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation from 23 June to September 2014. The lounge is scheduled to reopen in end September 2014. During this period, eligible customers will be invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge, United Club or Royal Orchid Lounge.

Plaza Premium Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Located at West Hall Gate 40, use escalator or lift near Gate 40)
United Club: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 60)
Royal Orchid Lounge: Level 7, Terminal 1 (Use escalator or lift near Gate 40)

Singapore Airlines customers travelling in First Class are invited to use any of the above lounges . Customers travelling in Business Class, as well as PPS Club and KrisFlyer Gold members travelling in Economy Class, are invited to the Plaza Premium Lounge.

Invitations to the United Club and Royal Orchid lounges are based on the prevailing Star Alliance member lounge access policies. Customers may refer to Star Alliance's website for more information.

Last updated on 1 September 2014, 1613hrs (GMT+8)
This doesn't sound like the *A *Gold lounge policy to me. Are the UA and TG lounges at HKG not *Gold lounges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.