Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Seat reservation differences between app and web

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

I noticed now a few times that the seat reservations function on app and website are showing sometimes different seat availabilty.

On bookings containing one waitlisted sector on the itinerary the seat allocation cant be opened (and changed) on their website. Now I realised that the seat reservation for the same booking can be accessed via the app without issues and seat allocation can be changed. But the seats normally blocked for SQ FFs are shown as blocked on the app. Strange.

Anyone having similar experiences?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
I never have anything to do with Waitlist. All of my flights are always confirmed.

However, I do notice the difference. As you said, those blocked for SQ FFs can't be selected (unless you already did so via website). Still not a mature app with lots of functionality, but it is getting better than the first rendition back several years ago.

The most helpful thing with the app is the function which allows plus/mins 3 days for redemption bookings to see if any seat in saver category is available. In the web, you have to try the date one by one.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by w_tanoto
The most helpful thing with the app is the function which allows plus/mins 3 days for redemption bookings to see if any seat in saver category is available. In the web, you have to try the date one by one.
Thanks for the tip - this has often been the most annoying aspect of looking for saver awards. Interesting to see that the app has an important feature that the full web site is lacking. Though in the case of SQ and their history of web site fiascos this shouldn't come as a surprise...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.