Wiki Posts
Search

Credit on non refundable ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Credit on non refundable ticket?

Hi

I booked a non refundable ticket from London to Singapore under super sweet deals. I may not be able to make the trip, I know some airlines offer a credit towards another flight, does any one know if Singapore airlines offer this?

Thank you for all your help.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Brad1823
Hi

I booked a non refundable ticket from London to Singapore under super sweet deals. I may not be able to make the trip, I know some airlines offer a credit towards another flight, does any one know if Singapore airlines offer this?

Thank you for all your help.
Not that I know of. You may only use the existing ticket as bought. You can however change your dates towards new flights but if you haven't used your ticket at all, it will be subject to the conditions set forth of change fees and a new recalculation of the new fare.

If the fare rules say that you cannot change dates then you will not be getting anything back.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Not that I know of. You may only use the existing ticket as bought. You can however change your dates towards new flights but if you haven't used your ticket at all, it will be subject to the conditions set forth of change fees and a new recalculation of the new fare.

If the fare rules say that you cannot change dates then you will not be getting anything back.
I emailed the UK reservation office and they said I can get a refund on the taxes, or I can cancel the flight but leave the ticket open, and I can rebook un other flight and pay the fare difference, but the outbound flight must be completed on or before the ticket issue date.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Brad1823
I emailed the UK reservation office and they said I can get a refund on the taxes, or I can cancel the flight but leave the ticket open, and I can rebook un other flight and pay the fare difference, but the outbound flight must be completed on or before the ticket issue date.
tax refund yes.

pay the difference, but how much they will value the cancelled ticket? zero?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
tax refund yes.

pay the difference, but how much they will value the cancelled ticket? zero?
The value of the cancelled ticket remains the same, I would just need to pay a reissue fee (which if I remeber is around £100).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
I had experience recently with sweet deal. CGK-CPH, returning LHR-CGK.
One of us cannot make it, so one of them was upgraded to M class by paying the difference (Economy Flexi Saver), while the other one, another destination was selected (and also converted to M class), but have to use it within one year of the original issue date.

Keep in mind that the original amount is non refundable (except taxes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.