Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Did SQ remove one A380 from the SYD route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did SQ remove one A380 from the SYD route?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
If it's a 77W 11A is the best choice. If it's a380, avoid unless you prefer windowless.
Fantastic. As you can see from the screenshot I switched to 11A.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Yes, from 30 May 2014, the A380 on SQ231 (Singapore to Sydney, departing at 00:45) and SQ222 (Sydney to Singapore, departing at 15:15) will be replaced by a 777-300ER.

The A380s will move to the Mumbai and New Delhi routes.
I've got a booking for SQ232 Sydney to Singapore in August 2014 so from what everyone says here will that still be the A380?

As a full fee paying passenger (x2) I will be mighty peeved if I cannot get what I originally wanted. I don't really want to go to Singapore, I just want to travel in Suites class.

Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!! (that's an Aussie saying!)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I've got a booking for SQ232 Sydney to Singapore in August 2014 so from what everyone says here will that still be the A380?

As a full fee paying passenger (x2) I will be mighty peeved if I cannot get what I originally wanted. I don't really want to go to Singapore, I just want to travel in Suites class.

Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!! (that's an Aussie saying!)
Don't think so. I'm flying SYD-SIN in June and my flight has already changed to a 77W instead of the A380. I'm def. going to call them up today and try to switch to the earlier flight or the one the next day. Traveling as a couple and I much rather do 2 middle seats in suites than in the 77W
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xxmwxx
Don't think so. I'm flying SYD-SIN in June and my flight has already changed to a 77W instead of the A380. I'm def. going to call them up today and try to switch to the earlier flight or the one the next day. Traveling as a couple and I much rather do 2 middle seats in suites than in the 77W
You don't think SQ232 will be the A380? So they are removing TWO A380s from Sydney?

I'm booked in 2 F and 3 F
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
You don't think SQ232 will be the A380? So they are removing TWO A380s from Sydney?

I'm booked in 2 F and 3 F
Sorry about that, yes it will be. Didn't notice you wrote SQ232. As far as I can tell SQ222 is the only one being changed to a 77W.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xxmwxx
Sorry about that, yes it will be. Didn't notice you wrote SQ232. As far as I can tell SQ222 is the only one being changed to a 77W.
Ok... I'm somewhat relieved but not 100% confident at this stage. Especially as my flight to Singapore is only so I can experience the Suites. No point in just flying First class. Hubby isn't that enamoured in First or Suites. He must be the only person who doesn't care if he's in First or Business. He said he can't see much of a difference.

If they remove all Sydney to Singapore A380's I might just drop back to business class and save the bucks and put the bucks to another flight.

Thanks all for the update.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by spizzy
Agreed. I doubt you will know if it is a refurb 777 until much closer to the flight unless SQ release a press release stating the removal of the A380 flights and replacing them with the Refurb 777s.
Just an FYI they are not a refurb. The new 77W where delivered with this new product. Some may get confused with the refurb 772.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
There are less window seats in F on 77W than on A380.
This is understandable - but I was the only person in F, so there was no one else to move. They moved me from a window to an aisle, when the entire cabin was open.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by FN-GM
Just an FYI they are not a refurb. The new 77W where delivered with this new product. Some may get confused with the refurb 772.
Sorry that is correct. Then let me rephrase that I hope the 777-300ER replacement for those A380 removed are the new planes featuring the new First, Business, Economy seats.

They have 3 of those planes now in their fleet, with another 5 to come.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AS MVP
I have SQ 227 booked for next Jan and figured something was up when I couldn't view my booking online due to a scheduling change. How does one go about unlocking my booking? Do I have to call? At least I'll have Suites on SQ 321, just wish it was all the way though to MEL.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:58 pm

Singapore Airlines cuts capacity on Sydney, Melbourne flights

For those interested.

Singapore Airlines cuts capacity on Sydney, Melbourne flights

http://www.smh.com.au/business/singa...#ixzz2zfLWfZNX
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
If you originally booked in suites class at the saver award level on the A380 to SYD, and your flight was subsequently changed to the 777, would SQ let you change to the earlier A380 flight even if there was no saver award inventory available (I imagine the answer will be "no", but figured I would ask anyway)? Can you waitlist on the A380 and keep the flight on the 777 just in case nothing opens? Sorry for the novice questions, but this is my first booking using Krisflyer miles, and I planned my trip around trying suites class! Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by nycpolostud
If you originally booked in suites class at the saver award level on the A380 to SYD, and your flight was subsequently changed to the 777, would SQ let you change to the earlier A380 flight even if there was no saver award inventory available (I imagine the answer will be "no", but figured I would ask anyway)? Can you waitlist on the A380 and keep the flight on the 777 just in case nothing opens? Sorry for the novice questions, but this is my first booking using Krisflyer miles, and I planned my trip around trying suites class! Thanks in advance!
Nope, SQ will not permit the change into an earlier 380 flight because of a plane change
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:02 am

What a shame, but understandable. When I few SQ221 10 days ago, the load was somewhere around 60%.

Suites was 3/12. Best flight of my life with a double bed. I'd have been mighty pissed had I been switched to a 77W!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by aviationp
Nope, SQ will not permit the change into an earlier 380 flight because of a plane change
Well they'd better refund the difference in miles if there is any credence to Suites being "a class beyond First".

Either they'd have to do that or face the wrath of the ACCC for a misrepresentation...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.