Sleep at airport?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Sleep at airport?

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some advice.

We are due to land at 01:00 arriving from ICN. We don't want to waste $250 plus on a hotel room so once off the plane can we find a rest area and sleep for a few hours till the morning? Other option is to get a hostel.

We are flying business but I take it the lounge wont be open?

Any advice would be great.

Cheers
^
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:09 am

Have you considered the transit hotel?
http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel
SilverKris Business class lounge is open 24 hours by the way.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I assume your onward flight is SQ business? It wasn't clear if you just wanted to save a night's hotel stay and start your reservation the next day or if you were looking for somewhere to crash before your connecting flight the next day.

If you have no onward travel and are not a PPS holder then you don't get access to the lounge for arrival services.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:07 am

Sleep at airport?

Most of the seats at the SilverKris J lounge aren't exactly designed for sleeping, but if you go right in (towards the bar at the far end) there may be a few long sofas that you can snag if still available.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
You can get an uncomfortable sleep in the lounge or spring 70-80$ for a 6-7hour room at the transit hotel... Definitely worth it as it is airside and you don't clear immigration for it...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:11 am

As others have suggested, transit hotel > SKL lounge IMO. None of the chairs are comfortable enough to consider a sleepover and the chairs aren't exactly easy to move.

But if you insist on a lounge, my favorite lounge to sleep in is actually not the T3 SQ SKL but the T1 Skyview lounge. It is a CX lounge but because it is also a PP lounge, I think a lot of people have access to this one (and the countless other airlines that allow access).

There's hardly anyone using this lounge overnight, especially in the upstairs section, and there's a 'quite room' so if you do have access to this lounge, it might be worth checking out.

But either way, I strongly recommend a transit hotel as others have recommended.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for coming back people.

I think the best way forward would be the transit hotel so will look at booking that. Certainly a very reasonable price for 6 hours.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. ^
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Thanks for coming back people.

I think the best way forward would be the transit hotel so will look at booking that. Certainly a very reasonable price for 6 hours.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. ^
Definitely transit hotel. I really like it. Just booked into a single room for $70+ for an upcoming trip. There is also a budget single that means must use common washroom. I went for that option once and it was fine. That was ~$45.

One other positive if transit lounge, their showers are much better than SKL. Hot is hot and good water pressure.

Just make sure to make your booking as far in advance as possible. Note that its in the terminal (airside).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.