Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Which SQ Europe Routes have the newest J seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which SQ Europe Routes have the newest J seat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by hlee628
hmmmm. can anyone confirm this? The one trip report I saw on airliners does not cover this portion, but if indeed you can recline further than the old J seat I would view this as a big improvement.

Here is the link for reference:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/251202/
That's my trip report actually.

Both old and new seats recline but I didn't notice if one reclines further than the other. I have not flown the old one for awhile - been lucky enough to fly F instead. LOL

But what is very noticeable is that the new one has a very nice cushiony feel, softer and more bouncy. You "sink" into it. New New J wins the New F in terms of seat comfort (mind you, not New New F which should even be better).
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
But what is very noticeable is that the new one has a very nice cushiony feel, softer and more bouncy. You "sink" into it. New New J wins the New F in terms of seat comfort (mind you, not New New F which should even be better).
So this New New F must be some sort of class beyond F? Oh wait...

There's also news of the New New New F due for 2017 (380N)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SQueeze

Both old and new seats recline but I didn't notice if one reclines further than the other. I have not flown the old one for awhile - been lucky enough to fly F instead. LOL

Great report SQueeze. Didn't realize you were on here as well so I hope you don't mind me posting.

so the new new J still requires you to flip the seat back down to convert to bed mode?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mitwg
So this New New F must be some sort of class beyond F? Oh wait...

There's also news of the New New New F due for 2017 (380N)
Haha, well ... I think the old F is all phased out even from CGK flights? so we can simplify to just F and New F?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:59 am

Great report SQueeze. Didn't realize you were on here as well so I hope you don't mind me posting.

so the new new J still requires you to flip the seat back down to convert to bed mode?
Yes, need to get out and flip.

And converting back to seat needs a special trick: push down slightly then release - (not in the manual btw)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I don´t fly SQ too often, so correct me if I´m wrong, but IMO there´s not a huge difference between the J seat on the 77W and 380 and the "new" J seat being introduced?

Personally, I´m slightly surprised about the introduction of the new J seat since SQ is still using some "old" (rather unimpressive) J seats on SIN-AKL as well as some European routes.
Now all flights including AKL, CHC, IST etc which were served by the old spacebed on the 772ER have been updated and are the same seats now as on the A380 and the 77W without the new planes. Therefore SQ is fully flat for all longhaul flights.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR £0.01
funny you mentioned that. i've always thought the color was very weird also, but not because it feels like a hospital. i've always thought that the blue didn't match anything in the cabin, especially with the orange/brown seats. the only think i guess it matches is the equally ugly socks.
Socks are grey now... Not sure how they arrive to this color either! I think brown (pillows and socks) would suit better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.