Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

For quick help if possible: Questions re award booking, mixed J and F classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For quick help if possible: Questions re award booking, mixed J and F classes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Guys, sorry to hijack this thread, but thought it was quilte related. If I want to redeem an outbound in J, inbound in F, do I have to make 2 bookings? Or will 1 booking suffice (with the 15% discount)?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by kaysquare
Guys, sorry to hijack this thread, but thought it was quilte related. If I want to redeem an outbound in J, inbound in F, do I have to make 2 bookings? Or will 1 booking suffice (with the 15% discount)?
I've called a few times and was not able to get any agent to give me the 15% discount on this booking. I am trying to do a standard award BKK-SIN-JFK with stopover. They either (i) say I need to do 2 separate bookings or (ii) won't give me the 15%. Is there anything special I need to say? Perhaps I'm just not persuasive.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:24 am

This is almost as bad as lifemiles.

Anyways, sq doesn't show mixed class for example on akl-sin-hkg f connecting to j, you think i could put in a overnight in sin and continue on a sin-hkg f flight the next day and still get the discount?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Roka
I've called a few times and was not able to get any agent to give me the 15% discount on this booking. I am trying to do a standard award BKK-SIN-JFK with stopover. They either (i) say I need to do 2 separate bookings or (ii) won't give me the 15%. Is there anything special I need to say? Perhaps I'm just not persuasive.
Success! Called from NYC, hold time was approximately 30 minutes, on a Saturday afternoon local time. Explained to agent I wanted to book LAXSIN in Suites and SINDPS in Business, but was unable to do so on site due mixed booking classes. I also indicated I hoped to get the 15% discount.

Agent asked which flights, then emailed me a sample itinerary so I could be sure. I accepted and he ticketed, applies discount, and I received a subsequent, final email. I was on with agent all of 3 minutes. Only issue is I can't BTC on the site for some reason, though I had no difficulty making seat assignments.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have never found such useless res agents as those at Singapore air.
Quite often I am on the phone for an hour at a time where they cannot see inventory, then I call back and lo and behold!! the inventory is there!
then I can see a saver J or f award and they cannot see it
they say its different inventory than what they have.
how can that be its either there in I or O or not!
and ask for supervisor and it is like pulling teeth !
most of the time I have to ask 5 or 6 times for supervisor before one is passed over to me.
then to get a mixed award they say u need 2 awards.
I say no I want a star alliance award and usually have to try to convince them to book it.
most people would just take for granted what they are saying is correct.!
anyway yes mixed class can be booked as jamienbaker has said. you just have to be very persistent and not take no for an answer,
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:00 pm

Almost two weeks ago I got J and F mixed cabin award booked without any issue. J was waitlisted in one segment so agent put me on F but charged only J price with 15% discount. Major segment is on F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.