Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to get rid of minor schedule change issue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100

Have an upcoming SQ flight that has been re-timed by a whopping 20 minutes, have no connections so totally a non-issue for me. Now I cant touch the reservation and get this message:

"One or more flights in your itinerary have been re-scheduled. Our reservations office will be contacting you to assist with the flight changes and rebooking for mis-connections of onward journey, if any. If you require urgent assistance, kindly contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Do I really need to get called or call SQ over such a minor schedule change? Any easier (automated) way to just accept the change and move on?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: QF WP
Meanwhile, with Jetstar, you simply login to the website, and click accept if the changes are ok. Otherwise, you give them a call (number provided). I guess LCCs get it right sometimes...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:48 pm

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but I was wondering the same as the original poster. I get the same notice when I try to manage my booking. The only change I can see is that my arrival time for my final segment (NRT-LAX) has been pushed back by 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to view/manage my reservation now due to the pop-up warning.

Anyone with experience here? Do I need to call in to get it cleared, or will Singapore actually contact me like it says in the message?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:12 pm

Same problem here with a reservation I have for SQ26. The arrival time got pushed forward for 5 minutes and I can't access it any more through the pop-up.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:36 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
This happened to me very recently on a redemption ticket booked with LifeMiles. I emailed SQ who said "In order to update this on your ticket, we request you to contact your booking office or travel agent for further assistance." So I phoned AV (last week) and asked for it to be reconfirmed, which they did and that unlocked the reservation. I booked the cook about 5 minutes later
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I got a message from SQ for SYD-SIN flight to be pushed by 1 hour and 25 minutes. Thank goodness my next flight is still for another 5 hours. But still, I was hoping to have a quick stopover and meet some friends over lunch time…

Now I am thinking of just staying in Changi Airport. I hope they compensate me with a complimentary lounge access any thoughts? Still waiting for their call cos I can't access my booking now.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Same here.. Mine will be leaving 5 minutes earlier.. I'll have to spend more time on the phone getting it unlocked than the actual time change!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Happened to me too with SQ 11 for next Jan...then a couple days later for my VX flight connecting from SEA-LAX. VX had a massive change in time and left me with a 55 min connection in LAX, I asked to be switched to another flight and was told there were no other flights available. They tried to get me to switch to the SFO flight but I said no since they aren't suites. So instead had to book an AS flight to LAX. Kind of sucks but nothing SQ could do about the VX schedule change. I just wish AS would have released them more seats so I didn't have to buy a separate ticket.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cohall
Apologies for bumping this old thread, but I was wondering the same as the original poster. I get the same notice when I try to manage my booking. The only change I can see is that my arrival time for my final segment (NRT-LAX) has been pushed back by 5 minutes.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to view/manage my reservation now due to the pop-up warning.

Anyone with experience here? Do I need to call in to get it cleared, or will Singapore actually contact me like it says in the message?

Thanks
Just following up in case this question comes up in the future for others.

After waiting 2 weeks, the message remained, and nobody from SQ ever contacted me. So I ended up calling in. First I talked to the main reservation people, who then also had me follow up with a separate call to krisflyer office.

It's all cleared now, and I can manage my reservation as normal.

It would have been nice if I had the option to accept the change online, or was reached out to proactively. But alas, it was not to be.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
This has happened to me plenty of times, and they've never called me to confirm the changes. I've always had to send them an email to accept the changes so that I can manage my booking online.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Everyone's experiences have been pretty much in line with the general concensus that the SQ website is all-round terrible. Nothing new here..
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
i happen to have rescheduling two days in a row. First one was SIN-CPH by a mere 5 minutes, and the other one was HND-SIN by about 15 mins. Solved by calling them two times in two days. These were nonsense, and they should put accept/reject button on the website instead, like ANA (or is it Asiana)?

What's weird is that I don't receive any notification for equipment change. Some people simply don't want to fly inside an old metal such as 772/773. Also this has affected me several times when flying together. 2 people on two-seaters moved to three seaters, we ended up with somebody seated between us. Also happened from three seaters to four seaters (two seated together while one separated by another person seated between). What a website....
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:42 pm

I got locked out of my reservation when SQ changed the flight number (no change in departure time, arrival time, class of service, equipment... the only thing that changed was the actual three digit flight number). As other posters have said calling in does the trick, but really...!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
Yeah I sorted one of mine last week, a simple call to the Krisflyer office fixes it.

The minute i mentioned it he goes "ok I send you new itinerary now and you can then edit online". easy done. but frustrating for what is a simple 5minute change in departure time.

I agree on the equipment change, i only found those out by randomly checking my seat choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.