Wiki Posts
Search

PPS Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,
PPS Club

My travel manager sent me an email today, saying that I'll be eligible to become a PPS Club member after my next trip to SIN on SQ. Here is my question: I usually book F on longhaul-flights and have two roundtrips on SQ (FRA-SIN) coming up in F, is it worth joining the PPS-Club and will that give me any additional benefits? (I am LH HON)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by JTPowersFRA
My travel manager sent me an email today, saying that I'll be eligible to become a PPS Club member after my next trip to SIN on SQ. Here is my question: I usually book F on longhaul-flights and have two roundtrips on SQ (FRA-SIN) coming up in F, is it worth joining the PPS-Club and will that give me any additional benefits? (I am LH HON)
PPS Club is awarded automatically when you spend more than 25,000 SGD in 12 months. SQ staff will treat you even better. There is no 'no' anymore. There are no other benefits. SQ will just clear your waitlist for tickets and awards first. In case of irregularities they go out of their way.

LH left me behind in Milan without even talking to me (I am HON as well) and SQ arranged for an uplift to their flight without any obligation.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:13 pm

the only additional benefits you receive are the annual duty free vouchers.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
LPPS member for 20+ years, believe me NO is still alive and well in the SQ vocabulary.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
LPPS member for 20+ years, believe me NO is still alive and well in the SQ vocabulary.
I don't believe you. However, CANNOT is very much alive and well
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:49 pm

You are LPP? That should be god-like treatment :-:

PM me and tell me how much it is to become your TPP partner!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
You are LPP? That should be god-like treatment :-:
It should be, but it's not.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Believe me, LPPS is the most overblown thing. The treatment is nothing different or special beyond the fact that the waitlist always clears and you get the seat you want. Other than that you get exactly what you pay for on any given flight and no more. SQ are the masters of creating a sense of special and exclusive; take for example the SK lounges in SIN where they don't allow *G card holders in. Are they really any better than lounges other airlines have at their home bases - CX in HKG, TG in BKK or particularly the LH F terminal at FRA? IMO the SKLs are no better and not a patch on the LH F terminal but SQ have loads of hype to make you believe they are.

There used to be good hospitality things and invites until about ten years ago when it all dried up and enquiring what had happened met with the usual SQ wall of silence. The soft product has been eroded or enhanced so much over the years too that it is a shadow of previous times. F is now about as good as C was fifteen years ago. These days, there are competitors who are better and who you can book easily with because their websites work!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:46 am

Believe me, LPPS is the most overblown thing. The treatment is nothing different or special beyond the fact that the waitlist always clears and you get the seat you want. Other than that you get exactly what you pay for on any given flight and no more. SQ are the masters of creating a sense of special and exclusive; take for example the SK lounges in SIN where they don't allow *G card holders in. Are they really any better than lounges other airlines have at their home bases - CX in HKG, TG in BKK or particularly the LH F terminal at FRA? IMO the SKLs are no better and not a patch on the LH F terminal but SQ have loads of hype to make you believe they are.

There used to be good hospitality things and invites until about ten years ago when it all dried up and enquiring what had happened met with the usual SQ wall of silence. The soft product has been eroded or enhanced so much over the years too that it is a shadow of previous times. F is now about as good as C was fifteen years ago. These days, there are competitors who are better and who you can book easily with because their websites work!
I don't think that was my question. I am a QPP for years now and I like my treatment very much. Inquiries get answered promptly and SQ is going out of their way to make things happen. I still wanna get to TPP and the most elegant and fastest way is to become a LPP partner. So the question was: How much?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:21 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
I don't think that was my question. I am a QPP for years now and I like my treatment very much. Inquiries get answered promptly and SQ is going out of their way to make things happen. I still wanna get to TPP and the most elegant and fastest way is to become a LPP partner. So the question was: How much?
No more LPPS only TPPS - which you will receive depending on your annual PPS $ value . Info should be somewhere on website or your TA can assist
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:52 pm

LPP spouse cards are also LPP, not TPP. If you've been a QPP for years, you should be close to qualifying for TPP anyway.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by miki13331
LPP spouse cards are also LPP, not TPP. If you've been a QPP for years, you should be close to qualifying for TPP anyway.

One can maintain QPP and be nowhere near qualifying for TPP. $25K per year will maintain QPP, for TPP you need twice that spend over five years (or more intense spend in less years).
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by JTPowersFRA
You can keep your HON status and accrue miles on your M&M account and accrue SGD $ value to your PPS. This is called double dipping.

When you check in for your SQ flights, give them your PPS number and M&M card at same time. Your boarding pass will have LH*G and K SQ12345678 on it. This means that you will accrue miles towards your M&M account but SQ will keep track of the money you spend on them.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by lokijuh

One can maintain QPP and be nowhere near qualifying for TPP. $25K per year will maintain QPP, for TPP you need twice that spend over five years (or more intense spend in less years).
Really? I lost QPP when I moved to a non-SQ hub for a few years. I think I had a gap of 2 years w/o PPS status, coinciding with when PPS values went into effect. Last year I just barely requalified, and they gave me TPP - which surprised even me. But I assume it's related to be having been QPP since 2001.

Unfortunately, I'm not again posted out of SG, making it difficult for me to retain status next year. Meanwhile, TPP is a treat when I do travel in/out of SG.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by fimo
Really? I lost QPP when I moved to a non-SQ hub for a few years. I think I had a gap of 2 years w/o PPS status, coinciding with when PPS values went into effect. Last year I just barely requalified, and they gave me TPP - which surprised even me. But I assume it's related to be having been QPP since 2001.

Unfortunately, I'm not again posted out of SG, making it difficult for me to retain status next year. Meanwhile, TPP is a treat when I do travel in/out of SG.
IIRC you used to have substantial premium flying on SQ. Perhaps the 5 year total is enough for TPP ($250k) even without special favours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.