Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS changes to 77W from 01JUL12

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:58 am
Original Poster

AMS changes to 77W from 01JUL12

Not mentioned in SQ Press Release, but SQ from 01JUL12 is to operate Boeing 777-300ER to Amsterdam, replacing -200ER. This results in introduction of First Class. (FYI, MH KUL AMS loses F from 05MAR12 with the change from 744 to 772)

Aircraft change is now reflected in GDS timetable and availability, as well as seat map, as of 28DEC11.

Possible changes can't be ruled out, although SQ rarely changes its planned operation unless extraordinary circumstances occurs.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: SQ, AF, CX, NH
Originally Posted by jimyvr
Not mentioned in SQ Press Release, but SQ from 01JUL12 is to operate Boeing 777-300ER to Amsterdam, replacing -200ER. This results in introduction of First Class. (FYI, MH KUL AMS loses F from 05MAR12 with the change from 744 to 772)

Aircraft change is now reflected in GDS timetable and availability, as well as seat map, as of 28DEC11.

Possible changes can't be ruled out, although SQ rarely changes its planned operation unless extraordinary circumstances occurs.
And i just secured a business saver award on the 11th! They have not blocked seats left. Yeeha! No first class available though.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, FB G, EK G, HH G, SW G,
Finally

Finally the decent seats to AMS, unfortunately it won't take too long that the safer awards will be completely gone to EU now.

Interesting though, trying to book F is not possible via the commerical tickets. Maybe they will just keep the first 2 rows empty?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
So CX got a new competition in AMS F class market and hoping that would drop F fares for both carriers.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
So CX got a new competition in AMS F class market and hoping that would drop F fares for both carriers.
And who would that be? KLM ? Not for the AMS-HKG market!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fbessoles
They have not blocked seats left. Yeeha! No first class available though.
There are some F savers ex-AMS so get your skates on folks!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
And who would that be? KLM ? Not for the AMS-HKG market!
Of course not KL. But SQ would be a strong competitor connecting via SIN with an F product that matches CX, if it is not better.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
It's showing up as availabile but the website is not allowing it to be ticketed.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:57 am

I am not getting any thing other than the business class fare and a message saying that SQ don't operate F class on the AMS route
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eriond
It's showing up as availabile but the website is not allowing it to be ticketed.
Does it get up to the Review Itinerary screen?

I haven't booked any, but can proceed up to the review screen. Eg. AMS-SIN-MNL on 13JUL12

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am not getting any thing other than the business class fare and a message saying that SQ don't operate F class on the AMS route
I haven't booked, however F saver on the 77W appears available after 01JUL12. As I haven't booked, I can't confirm if it books, other than as above, I have been to the review screen advising of points + taxes to pay.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:18 pm

Does it get up to the Review Itinerary screen?

I haven't booked any, but can proceed up to the review screen. Eg. AMS-SIN-MNL on 13JUL12
I was directed to a "system error" page when you hit 'continue' to proceed to the page to enter your CC details. However, it is no longer a problem and I have successfully ticketed it in O-class. I believe the inaurgural SQ323 AMS-SIN is on Mon 02 Jul? Now the question is, 1/2 A/K?

If you search around hard enough, you might find that there is actually some I-class availability. I have checked that this is definitely a technical glitch, not SQ intending to release Saver Awards on their "new" seats.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
77W to/from AMS from today....

Apparently 77W on the SQ324/SQ323 to/from AMS is phased in gradually:

SQ324 to AMS:

16, 23 and 30 April
Every Saturday, Monday and Thursday from 19 May
Every day from 1 July

SQ323 to SIN:
17 and 24 April, 1 May
Every Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 20 May
Every day from 2 July.

Interestingly, for flights before the 1st of July (2nd from AMS), you can not book First Class....

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Apr 16, 2012 at 6:50 am
Old May 28, 2012, 5:13 pm

My wife just caught SQ324 last night (Monday).
It was a 77W, and here is the scoop: the plane is a standard 3 class config but they've converted F to J for purposes of this flight (and return). So Rows 1 and 2 are ticketed as J. I presume that this is to simplify ticketing and fares as they have mixed aircraft currently on the route (772 2 class and 77W 3 class).
So - net - until further notice (looks like July) get yourself a seat allocation in the nice big F class seats
Old May 29, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS, FB G, EK G, HH G, SW G,
I just secured 2 first saver awards for AMS-SIN on Monday the 9th of july. All other days around that date are available as well.

With bizz going to 42 seats and 8 in first vs only 30 seats in the past availability will increase significantly.

Finally!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Service to be operated by 772 again from 13SEP12, as the 77W will be redeployed on the new LHR flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.