Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can't figure out how to book the Singapore Stopover Holiday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

hello,

Maybe I'm just completely dense, but I can't figure out how to book the Singapore Stopover Holiday on the SQ website. There are plenty of links that say "click here to book" so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I click on those I just get bumped to the regular flight booking screen with no option to add a stopover or hotels.

I'm using a Mac and Safari - maybe it's my browser? Has anyone else had issues with this? Or rather, has anyone successfully booked one of these via the website recently? I really prefer to book online rather than having to call.

Thanks,
Emily
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Best for you to go through a travel agent , and one that does lots of asian travel. If anything goes wrong, you have at least someone to take care of things right away.

They may also suggest other routings, and options for you to take. The SQ Stopover package may not necessarily be the best deal around.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info - but I'd still like to know how to book the package on the site, and if anyone's had any luck doing so.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Allow me to share my recent experience :

1. Firstly, your ticket MUST already been issued ie you have an e-ticket number.
2. Log in with Krisflyer no. and password.
3. Click 'Manage your booking' - your particular flight - then you'll have the option to change seats / order special meals / book stopover hotel
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And from experience, only a TA can book the Singapore Stopover Holiday without issuing the ticket first. But a reservation must exist.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

So if I am flying LAX-SIN, staying in SIN for 2 nights, and then flying SIN-HKT, and then return HKT-LAX, does that mean I have to book that multi-city ticket FIRST in order to get the Singapore Stopover Holiday?

Because online it seems like you can book while you're booking your ticket, and it would seem to me that you'd just be booking an LAX-HKT round trip and then adding a stopover in SIN (as opposed to having to book a multi city ticket).
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be aware that the Singapore Airlines website isn't working as fantastic as it makes it out to be. Good luck!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Any other advice? Has anyone successfully booked this online?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:01 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by meremale
Allow me to share my recent experience :

1. Firstly, your ticket MUST already been issued ie you have an e-ticket number.
2. Log in with Krisflyer no. and password.
3. Click 'Manage your booking' - your particular flight - then you'll have the option to change seats / order special meals / book stopover hotel
What if you are using a different Star Alliance frequent flier program? Does it still work ? ? ? OR do you need to add a dummy zero earning KF account?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
What if you are using a different Star Alliance frequent flier program? Does it still work ? ? ? OR do you need to add a dummy zero earning KF account?
Not sure as I was using my Krisflyer miles to redeem the flight.
But i guess once you have a eticket number / reservation code,
You can log in to 'manage your booking' with the eticket number.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by meremale
Not sure as I was using my Krisflyer miles to redeem the flight.
But i guess once you have a eticket number / reservation code,
You can log in to 'manage your booking' with the eticket number.
But here's the thing I don't understand. If I am flying LAX-HKT with the intention of stopping over in Singapore, if I have to book my ticket first, do I just have to book a multi-city trip? That's not really the same as booking a "stopover" per se...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like I said... go through a travel agency.

Solves a lot of problems.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Be aware that the Singapore Airlines website isn't working as fantastic as it makes it out to be. Good luck!
Any update on this? I can't seem to find the info either - the change flight on the website gives me an error. Calling the UK helpline gets me a foreign call agent who just describes the webpage links to me. Very unimpressed with Singapore so far and I haven't even flown with them yet!
Old May 16, 2013, 3:05 pm

Blimey Singapore airlines needs to sort out there website, extremely confusing.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Just booked CDG to SIN to SGN and then HAN to SIN to CDG in Y and was able to book seats prior to the payment process. Also added the Singapore Stopover Holiday for one night for 46 euros (2 of us in a twin). Booking was as smooth as silk (pardon the pun). After the multi city flights have been selected there is a place to select seats. This is prior to the payment being done. After you have selected your seats, there is a button for the Singapore Holiday Stopover. It will show you a list of hotels that are available and the costs. The basic level includes two airport transfers. And you can choose if you want the extras as well (other buses and museum entries). Process was very simple.

Last edited by hastuk; May 23, 2013 at 5:02 am Reason: to change order of words re: Singapore Stopover Holiday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.