Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Lounge Options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
LAX Lounge Options

I am flying SQ#11 in F on June 7th. I heard that they just opened the new International Terminal at LAX. Does anyone know what my new lounge options are and what I can expect?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM, US CP
They didn't so much open a new terminal as they just renovated the terminal they already have. Construction hasn't even started on the new wings that will be added to TBIT. That said, these renovations were largely focused on the arrivals area with some updates made to the check-in and gate areas. These renovations didn't touch the *A lounge in the terminal, which was updated a year or two ago. No one airline has their own lounge in TBIT so you will have access to the F wing of the *A lounge.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Can I assume the *A lounge is the same as the one in lhr?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:57 pm

I wouldn't know, having only been to the LHR one (in my brief time living in LA, my only international flights have been on UA or NZ which don't use TBIT) but I would say that from the pictures and reports they look pretty similar. Although the LAX one appears to have windows that you can look through that have tarmac views as opposed to the claustrophobic feeling of the *A lounge in LHR.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
I have been to both *A lounge at LAX TBIT as well as *A lounge at LHR. They are different. IMHO.
Of course, having an F lounge at LAX, it makes a different. Nothing to shout about, but it's a better alternative while waiting for your SQ F. Here is some pictures you can browse.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
My comparison of the *A lounge at LHR T1 and *A LAX TBIT (C, not F):
- Better food at LHR in the morning compared with LAX in the evening
- More newspapers, magazines etc at LHR
- Larger seating areas at LAX
- Brighter lounge at LAX
- Windows overlooking tarmac with views of two runways at LAX, whereas there's no window at all at LHR
Old Jun 7, 2010, 6:57 pm

Just to add, unless I am dreaming, at LHR *A Lounge, there is no F section.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Diamond Seats
Just to add, unless I am dreaming, at LHR *A Lounge, there is no F section.
Yes there is one, its to the right of the desk. The F lounge at LHR is OK as is the LAX F lounge. Neither is anything to write home about but less crowded than the C sides and have slightly upgraded booze and food, but as far as food goes both are fairly average. In the morning at LHR they can (if you ask) make a decent breakfast but for both you are going to get better food on board in SQ F.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
Yes there is one, its to the right of the desk. The F lounge at LHR is OK as is the LAX F lounge. Neither is anything to write home about but less crowded than the C sides and have slightly upgraded booze and food, but as far as food goes both are fairly average. In the morning at LHR they can (if you ask) make a decent breakfast but for both you are going to get better food on board in SQ F.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess the staff made an error when I was at *A Lounge LHR couple months ago. She directed me to the the left.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice! the LAX lounge was, as anticipated, boring. The food was even below UA standards (a coupe pieces of sushi and sweets, soup, and a shrimp pad thai of sorts). I was expecting a little more than that.

However, the SQ attendant at the lounge was great. She even let me know that my bags, connecting from Delta, made it on the plane!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
SQ Lounges at LAX

I am flying SQ#11 in business class to SIN. I am also Star A Gold..What lounge options do I have at LAX?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by 360guy
I am flying SQ#11 in business class to SIN. I am also Star A Gold..What lounge options do I have at LAX?
You will have access to the Star Alliance lounge at LAX as well. It's basically the same as the F lounge except its bigger, more crowded, and also has views of the check-in area.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Is there any update to this old thread?
Hope to be flying SQ11 in F next year.
TIA
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:21 am

*A Lounge Finder

The *A Lounge Finder in general has been reliable the few times I've utilized the service:
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
What's the question? If departing LAX in F on SQ, you will have access to the *A F lounge in TBIT. The J lounge is better, with the only benefits of the F section being self-service liquor and a small to-order food menu. My suggestion would be check out the F lounge briefly, and then head over to the outdoor terrace in the J lounge. They give you a code so you can get back into the F section through the back door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.