Wiki Posts
Search

Most expensive UA ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2001, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Most expensive UA ticket

I was wondering what the most expensive ticket UA sells. I didn't do much of a search but it looks like a first class round trip ticket from SYD to EZE would run close to $19,000 USD. Can anyone top that?
Old Feb 21, 2001, 12:03 pm

While not UA, a few months ago QF had TLL-SYD in coach (full YRT fare) shown at about $91,000 on Expedia (I've made a printout)!!! I Mistakes happen in both directions (the same route, same fare code, was offered at $375 for a week or so, and *regular* YRT fare is about $5,000).
Old Feb 21, 2001, 12:13 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
What about their around the world service that starts at LAX, goes through IAD to LHR and then forges onward through Europe/Asia. I imagine an FC ticket on that can't be too cheap...
Old Feb 21, 2001, 1:09 pm

Location: IAD/DCA via OMA, ATL, AUO, AMS, ORD/MDW, IAD/DCA, LHR/LGW, DEN, SEA, DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Gold; HILTON Gold; Ex UA PremEx
Just a quick search for a first class United-only flight on Thursday (returning Sunday)... and I came up with:

LAX/LHR = $10,760
JFK/HKG = $11,238
PHX/LHR = $12,329 (via ORD)
IAD/SYD = $13,765 (via LAX)

Naturally, I'm assuming these prices would be higher during the peak travel months...
Old Feb 21, 2001, 1:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by ORD12:
Just a quick search for a first class United-only flight on Thursday (returning Sunday)... and I came up with:

LAX/LHR = $10,760
JFK/HKG = $11,238
PHX/LHR = $12,329 (via ORD)
IAD/SYD = $13,765 (via LAX)

Naturally, I'm assuming these prices would be higher during the peak travel months...
I don't believe so. These are full-fares we are talking about. No season restrictions and completely changeable.
Old Feb 21, 2001, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
You can easily price random and silly tickets through UA reservations and get ridiculus prices. An example can be SYD-EZE-LHR-DEL-EZE-SYD... that comes up quite expensive in F class.. as with any crazy combo.... so there really isn't a limit on how expensive a ticket can be...
Old Feb 21, 2001, 4:20 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally posted by tfung:
You can easily price random and silly tickets through UA reservations and get ridiculus prices. An example can be SYD-EZE-LHR-DEL-EZE-SYD... that comes up quite expensive in F class.. as with any crazy combo.... so there really isn't a limit on how expensive a ticket can be...
Well, if you ask UA reservations to "manually" price the above itinerary in F ("A" Class actually) with a slight modification SYD-EZE-LHR-DEL-SIN-SYD as a Star Alliance RTW, the price is actually less than the round trip fare !!

On a side note, tfung so did you have success getting your CX/UA F class RTW ticket ex-BKK? (so cheap!!)

It is also cheap ex-Canada (CAD 6110)

Old Feb 21, 2001, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally posted by daniellam:
Well, if you ask UA reservations to "manually" price the above itinerary in F ("A" Class actually) with a slight modification SYD-EZE-LHR-DEL-SIN-SYD as a Star Alliance RTW, the price is actually less than the round trip fare !!

On a side note, tfung so did you have success getting your CX/UA F class RTW ticket ex-BKK? (so cheap!!)

It is also cheap ex-Canada (CAD 6110)
Well, I know some people who has to fly all over the place at specific times and can't do RTW fares.. if they bought their ticket like how I stated it.. it's actually VERY expensive.. I think the price is about $40,000 for that itinery I said..
anyhow, my travel agent in BKK said that he got them to let him ticket my itinerary.. but he still hasn't done it yet.. so.. I dunno
Old Feb 23, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
I was looking at our company's flight costs. There were a few exec's who get to fly F and their tickets to asia were around $9.5k per ticket. Most expensive was $14.5k. Funny these guys won't give up their F class tickets when we are laying off 20% of the company.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:53 am

DEN-NAN

I was pricing DEN-NAN in F and got some 25k-27k fares. $27,942.00 (before taxes & fees) DEN-LAX-AKL-NAN RT. First, Refundable.

About 6k in a combination of L and Y (no cheaper buckets available on .bomb for the date ranges I played with).

EDIT: Maybe this shouldn't count since it is not all on UA metal.

PS - Posting here b/c I linked in through a recent "most expensive Y fare", not to just randomly dig up an old thread.

Last edited by bmustaf; Mar 17, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:52 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Interesting thread. I was excited to see the term '.bomb' in the midst of a ten-year-old thread; but alas, it was from a contemporary post. Thought I had made a true linguistic discovery...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:59 pm

Hahaha, yeah, when this thread was started .bomb was probably just a figment in mind of some UA project team. I can picture them in my mind slaving away at creating the "features" we know and love today!

I don't remember what ua.com looked like in 2001/2002, I wonder if I have print outs filed somewhere. That'd be a neat new trivia/useless thread .

Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Interesting thread. I was excited to see the term '.bomb' in the midst of a ten-year-old thread; but alas, it was from a contemporary post. Thought I had made a true linguistic discovery...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bmustaf
I was pricing DEN-NAN in F and got some 25k-27k fares. $27,942.00 (before taxes & fees) DEN-LAX-AKL-NAN RT. First, Refundable.

About 6k in a combination of L and Y (no cheaper buckets available on .bomb for the date ranges I played with).

EDIT: Maybe this shouldn't count since it is not all on UA metal.

PS - Posting here b/c I linked in through a recent "most expensive Y fare", not to just randomly dig up an old thread.
even worse though DEN-LAX-AKL-NAN is NOT going to be an F fare but rather F DEN-LAX the rest would be C since LAX-AKL and AKL-NAN would be NZ which only has Y/Y+/C so that is probably the most expensive C fare....oh and double bonus if you book by phone (as a non-1K) you can enjoy the wonderful service of the ICC for a mere additional $25
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bmustaf
I don't remember what ua.com looked like in 2001/2002, I wonder if I have print outs filed somewhere. That'd be a neat new trivia/useless thread .
You don't need a print-out:

January 2001
http://web.archive.org/web/200101190...ww.united.com/

May 2002
http://web.archive.org/web/200205240...ww.united.com/

Ah, I remember that united.bomb. Compared to today, that site truly was a bomb.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Talking this is the winner

I have just searched united.com and found $48,500+ round trip fare for PVG-LAX-SYD in F.

Cheapest economy class fare is $1,500 for 3/31-4/7 in K class. Not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.