Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 2500 points for a little effort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Earn 2500 points for a little effort

Fairly simple way to get a few points for a little effort. AT&T wireless offers 2500 points for activations made through priorityclub shopping:

https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com/d....jsp?plc=2397&

AT&T offers refurbished Nokia 2610s for $25 including a $25 airtime card.
-Activate it. (I don't believe you actually need to deposit the $25 airtime card to activate.)
-Use the phone or just pop the SIM card out and sell the phone on E-bay (they're going for over $25), or donate it to http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/ (A 501(c)(c) org.)
-Even if you have to use the airtime card to activate the phone, you should come out ahead. Heck, even if you just throw the phone away, the points are costing you less than they would if purchased directly from Priority Club.

It might be a bit too much trouble for many, but I'm alway's looking for a way to get points/miles without laying out much cash. I have a go-phone purchased this way and I can confirm that I earned the 2500 points on activation, so it appears that go-phones are a "qualifying activation"
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Any limit on # activations per account ?
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:21 pm

Did you receive the phone yet and could you confirm that you could activate without depositing the phone card? (I'd like to deposit it on another phone.) Thanks for posting this.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Update: I received the second phone. As promised, it came with a $25 airtime card. I deposited that onto my current phone with no problems, so I'm even on this deal so far. Plus I have a new (refurb) phone to sell or donate. I haven't seen any points show up in my account yet, but I'll just wait and see. The new phone seems to be active, it just doesn't have any credit on it. I'll update again if the points show up.

P.S.: to answer dgwright's question, I have no idea if there is any limit of activations per account. If this deal continues, I guess I'll find out.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Well, I checked my PC account today and found this
Oct 2008 PC MALL- CINGULAR 2500 pts.
So, that confirms you can do the deal more than once, at least for now.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 7:27 am

ebay

Originally Posted by andyandy
Well, I checked my PC account today and found this
Oct 2008 PC MALL- CINGULAR 2500 pts.
So, that confirms you can do the deal more than once, at least for now.
I saw some of these phones listed on ebay but seems like noone is buying them. Sounds like a great deal as long as you can get rid of these phones even at $20.00. Any idea. WHat do you do with the airtime card then if you just sell the phones? Is the phone without the SIM card any good?

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:20 am

Hi Andy, I don't see the phone you're talking about, do you have a direct link? There's a 2610 refurb that says is free after rebate but requires two year contract

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku1230021
Old Oct 17, 2008, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by cardigans1
Hi Andy, I don't see the phone you're talking about, do you have a direct link? There's a 2610 refurb that says is free after rebate but requires two year contract
Shop -> Packages & Deals -> GoPhone Packages
Old Oct 17, 2008, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ngupta
I saw some of these phones listed on ebay but seems like noone is buying them. Sounds like a great deal as long as you can get rid of these phones even at $20.00. Any idea. WHat do you do with the airtime card then if you just sell the phones? Is the phone without the SIM card any good?

Thanks
Phone: There's certainly no guarantee that you'll be able to sell the phone on E-bay, but its possible. I may end up donating mine.

Airtime card: In my case, I actually have a gophone as my cell phone. I just used the refill card on the phone that I have already. You could always sell the card on ebay too.

SIM cards: I'll confess ignorance here. I know its possible to use another SIM card, but don't know how its done.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by thenewbie
Shop -> Packages & Deals -> GoPhone Packages
thanks, found it
Old Oct 21, 2008, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Just received phone number three. I'm going to see about cancelling the previous lines and porting this most recent number over to the next phone order I make. I'm not sure when that will be, as I don't want to kill the goose. If anyone is considering it, I'd advise against placing too many orders too quickly. I'll update again when I see how this most recent order turns out.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Well, I can report some Ebay results now. I sold both the phone and the refill card from my last order. My net was around $25. I paid tax when I purchased the phone, so this worked out to $2 for 2500 miles. Not bad, but the phone sold for much less than the card so, if I do it again, I'll probably just donate the phone and sell the card.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
It also $10 bonus air time, is it good too? Has anyone got this $10 bonus?

Also, has anyone chose the $1.00 unlimited mobile to mobile option? does it work? I tend to use only a few days but use a lot during those days.

Thanks OP, what a great find! I happen to need acouple of pay as you go cell phone for when I visit FL in Dec. and also needed some points toward making platinum, this is great!

Last edited by Queen438; Nov 3, 2008 at 3:44 pm Reason: add
Old Nov 3, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
So to get the $10 extra time on the pay as you go plan, should I not buy the $25 card at the time of purchase? I actually need a cheap no contract phone, so if I get 1 that I need, then how do I do multiples? Won't the extra phones have a number and be active for the 2500 points in my name? Can they just stay active but empty and then use my cards from those accounts on my 1st phone? Also since the one has a camera but no plan for it can I download the pics to my pc?
Thanks for the heads up on this.

JudyJFLA
usually cellphone free!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 8:21 am
Original Poster

JudyJFLA and Queen438,

I'll try to answer y'all's questions as best I can.

"So to get the $10 extra time on the pay as you go plan, should I not buy the $25 card at the time of purchase? I actually need a cheap no contract phone, so if I get 1 that I need, then how do I do multiples?"

The phones found at this link:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...k=1-001AU7-1-1

come with a $25 refill card. If you wan't to use the phone, load the refill card onto the phone w/in 7 days of purchase and the bonus $10 will show up in your account.

"Won't the extra phones have a number and be active for the 2500 points in my name? Can they just stay active but empty and then use my cards from those accounts on my 1st phone?"

If you want to buy a second phone for points, do it later. When the second phone arrives, you can either load the card that comes with it onto your first phone or sell it. YMMV, but the second phone should already be activated and you should get points without adding any money to it. The second phone will have separate number in your name. You should be able to go back later and cancel that line if you want.

"It also $10 bonus air time, is it good too? Has anyone got this $10 bonus?"

I received the bonus on my first phone. I did not receive a bonus when I used the refill card from my second phone to refill my first phone, so it looks like the bonus is a one shot deal. Again, Queen, if you're planning on buying multiple phones, I'd place a separate order for each one.

Hope this helps. I agree its a very nice promotion, lets hope it lasts. It got me to platinum this year. Too bad it won't do me any good for renewing RA!

Last edited by andyandy; Nov 4, 2008 at 8:25 am Reason: added link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.