Reload this Page >

Super 8, $8.88 Room, Reserve: Aug. 8 - 15 @ 8PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super 8, $8.88 Room, Reserve: Aug. 8 - 15 @ 8PM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Same here... such a tease.. based on the Ts&Cs, there is some kind of queuing system. I hope i dont have to sit on this screen for hours...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:16 pm
2mg

Gone in 4 minutes and 12 seconds...

Never made it past the "magic" 8 - so much for being a lucky symbol.

Can't figure out if the hold up is from being assigned a place in the queue or if it's searching by location?

Any successes out there?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
that went fast...

i was pre logged in, ready, kept hitting refresh as the hour approached, got in the que, saw the '8' repeating over and over, then.....nada.

As predicted, this was very popular. Well at least in terms of trying to participate.

The $8.88 is prominent on the homepage, so I'd imagine there was a flood of folks logging on.

Any FTers that scored a room? Anyone get a room at a brand other than Super 8 (i.e. Wyndham or Days Inn).

Congratulations to the first days' successful bookings...

There are still several days to try, try again.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Exclamation I began at 807pm

I am on the site too and so far the bright yellow background with the large 8 is just dormat with the the red dots circulating...going seemingly nowhere.

I am waiting to see if anyone actually gets thru and provides commentary here!!!!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
My yellow screen is still flashing - don't know how long I should wait, does anyone?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I hope this is not hoaks or something.. it would be a very bad PR stunt...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
When clicking on the promo link, I now get:

Thank You for Celebrating the 8 with us.

Our promotion is currently closed because EITHER:

today's promotion has not yet begun so PLEASE come back at 8 PM EDT
- OR -

all 800 rooms for $8.88 have already been reserved for today. Please TRY AGAIN tomorrow at 8 PM EDT.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:24 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; UA 2P
Got past the first hanging screen to hit the reserve button. It's now 8:23 and the second yellow screen is just hanging. Bf hit the second screen just now, about 10 minutes after me. Will be totally shocked if it goes through, but don't have anything better to do so just hanging out until something gives.

edit: got through to the final screen at 8:26 or so. Despite having a full Wyndham Rewards profile, for some reason the cc info was not pre-populated. After I hit the last button, got the "sorry, all 800 rooms have been booked" message. Also interested in knowing if anyone succeeded.

I've got two computers going for $8 reservations, both have had the yellow screen for over 20 minutes. I just got off the phone with super8 customer service, not the reservation line. She said if you have a yellow screen with the flashing 8, stay on as your are in a queue.

so far I've gotten to my available room on both computers, clicked on make reservation and now i'm back at the flashing yellow screen. will up date again in a minute, or maybe another 30 mins.

Last edited by reddawngrl; Aug 8, 2008 at 6:29 pm Reason: update

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Hey, it has been thinking for more than 10 minutes. Then, it gets me a room in a hotel 20 miles from my destinations and tells me it is 8.88 plus tax 9.50 and when I make the reservation the outcome is that it is already sold out. Then it tells me to reserve a room at the standard rate...

Weird, this promo isn´t like the one in London (Huxton Hotel).
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This type of promo can sure backfire
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott, Choice, Prior Club , Radisson, Starwood, Hhonors, AAdvantage, Worldperks, Delta, Thankyou
Yawn...

Hanging on the 2nd yellow screen...I was on within a few seconds of it going live with absolutely no pauses. I won't try again if this doesn't go through...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:29 pm

NO LUCK, anyone???
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
Was on the 'yellow' super 8 refreshing page for 27 minutes, at which time it told me that 0 hotels were found for Fort St. John, BC - Did I mean FORT ST JOHN, BC?

"Thank you for your interest in Super 8s promotion. We're sorry, but all 800 rooms for $8.88 allocated for tonight's sale have been reserved. However, we still have great rates available. Click Here to reserve a room at the Guaranteed Best Available Rate OR IT'S FREE*."

Great - Glad to know that my "." after ST screwed me up tonight.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
No Luck. Tried two computers. Came to the 2nd Queue after ~20mins, after entering my details and agreeing to T&Cs (after already seeing the rate) I received:

Thank you for your interest in Super 8s $8.88 promotion. We're sorry, but all 800 rooms for $8.88 allocated for tonight's sale have been reserved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.