Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental’s Million Miler Program – The Details

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:30 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, We’re very pleased to preview the details of our new Million Miler program with you. Before going into the specifics, let me share with you some important dates.
  1. This week. Starting later this week, those of you who’ve registered to participate in our continental.com Preview Program will be able to see your Lifetime Flight Mile balances on your My Account page. Also from this section, there will be a link to the details for how Lifetime Flight Miles are calculated and what the Million Miler program is all about. If you would like to register for the continental.com Preview Program, please send me a PM or an email to [email protected]. Please be sure to include your FlyerTalk handle, OnePass number and email address.

2. June 14th. This is the planned date of our next continental.com release, and the Lifetime Flight Mile balances will be shown for everyone.

3. Early August. This is when the Million Miler packages will be sent to all qualifying Million Miler members.
Below is the overview of the program:
You'll always be an Elite. As a Continental Airlines OnePass member, if you have flown over one million Lifetime Flight Miles, we want to welcome you to our new Million Miler program. As part of this program, we'll see to it that you will never lose your Elite status, even if you fly less in the future.
  • As a Million Miler, your Elite status will never fall below our Silver Elite level.

• As a Two Million Miler, you will never fall below our Gold Elite level.

• As a Four Million Miler, our highest honor, you will always be a Platinum Elite.
So will your spouse or significant other. As a Million Miler you will also be able to invite your spouse or significant other residing at your same address to share your Elite status and enjoy the same benefits as you, including upgrades, mileage bonuses and EliteAccess airport services. This membership is non-transferable and will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise.
Below is a recap of some of your most frequently asked questions:
  1. What are Lifetime Flight Miles? Lifetime Flight Miles include any mileage that count toward Elite status, otherwise known as “Elite Qualification Miles.” For flight miles that were earned before the introduction of Elite Qualification Miles, we have calculated the flight miles you earned. Lifetime Flight Miles are based on cumulative flight miles in the OnePass program and do not include bonus, purchased or other non-flight miles.

2. How far back does the Lifetime Flight Mile calculation go? The Lifetime Flight Mile calculation includes all flight miles earned since the introduction of OnePass. As a bonus, for those of you who were members of the original Continental Travel Bank Frequent Flyer program (from the 1980s) and/or the Eastern Airlines Frequent Flight Bonus program, we have also included the mileage balance from these accounts based on the date they were merged into the OnePass program. (this is the best information that we have access to)

3. If I have reached a Million Miler level, will I receive anything in the mail? Yes. If you are a Million Miler, you will receive a small token of appreciation from us in the mail, including a new Elite card with your Million Miler designation and a personalized luggage tag. These will begin mailing in August 2008. If you reach a Million Miler level after August 2008, you will receive your mailing within 3-4 weeks of qualification.

4. If I have reached a Million Miler level, when can I call to enroll my spouse or significant to have my same Elite status? If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may contact the OnePass Service Center to request your companion Elite status. You can do this even if you have not yet received anything in the mail from us. For members residing within the 50 United States and Canada, please call 713.952.1630 (Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Central Time). For all other members, please use of our worldwide OnePass contact numbers.

5. Will my companion’s Elite status be exactly the same as mine? Yes.

6. Can I change the designation of my companion Elite status? Yes, but it any changes you make will not take effect until the following Elite year (which begins March 1st of each year).

7. When I reach the next Million Miler level (e.g. Two Million Miler), do I get to designate an additional Elite companion? No, we will only allow one Elite companion per Million Miler, Two Million Miler or Four Million Miler member.

8. Will Elite Qualification Mile bonuses count? Yes.

9. Will Elite Qualification Miles earned by flying on partner airlines count? Yes.

10. Will Flexible Elite Qualification Miles count? Yes, any flexible Elite Qualification Miles you deposit into your account will count. Currently, Flexible Elite Qualification Miles may only be earned and redeemed by Continental Airlines Presidential Plus cardmembers.

11. Can I see the detail of my Lifetime Flight Miles? No. We do not currently have the ability to furnish this level of detail.
As always, thanks for your great ideas and your feedback. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to benefit from this new program.

Last edited by UA Insider; Jun 2, 2008 at 4:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Sounds great Scott!! ^ ^

As far as the elite levels, are they "true" elites? Meaning, are they eligible for upgrades? I thought I remembered reading that the status may be a soft-status where the elite is not actually eligible for upgrades.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'll be looking for the Beta screens even though I won't have nearly enough miles.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Looks good!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:41 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Sounds great Scott!! ^ ^

As far as the elite levels, are they "true" elites? Meaning, are they eligible for upgrades? I thought I remembered reading that the status may be a soft-status where the elite is not actually eligible for upgrades.
Hi Hartmann, the "minimum" Elite status levels granted in conjunction with our Million Miler program will indeed be full Elite statuses.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Awesome lifetime program! CO is delivering the goods. ^ ^ ^

Per FlightMemory, my lifetime BIS with CO is 434,401. I'm curious to see how that translates to Lifetime EQMs, given that I had some codeshare flights on VS, and didn't sign up for OnePass until 1990. Thankfully, the vast majority of my flying has been in the past few years, and mostly on CO.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

WOW!!!!!

Elite for life PLUS companion elite for life. That is HUGE!!!

Way to go CO.

PS - plus luggage tags, too.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Thanks for the info Scott. Wow, 4M BIS to be platinized lifetime, unfortunately I'm not even silverish for life yet .

Hmmmm, 167 BF EWR-HKG-EWR flights will get you lifetime plat.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Just noticed that all partner-earned EQMs will count. Awesome. I knew I had a good reason for going nuts with all those DL Q-UPs. I just didn't know what that reason was until now.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
^Thanks CO!!!!^
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very nice program!

Now, are there any FTers who actually qualify for the 4MM club (besides for the obvious member)?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do the spousal/partner benefits extend to the current batch of Infinite Elites, assuming that they are not otherwise at 4MM miles??
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by kingalien
Hmmmm, 167 BF EWR-HKG-EWR flights will get you lifetime plat.
Don't tell J.Edward. He might take that calculation as some kind of speed challenge and say to himself, "Under two years? That sounds educational!"

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jun 2, 2008 at 3:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
What happens if the MMer member dies? Does the companion keep the last min. Elite status for the rest of their life?

Let me update:

What happens when the MMer member dies? It is not a matter of if, but when, even if the MM is only 30 years old today.

Last edited by cova; Jun 2, 2008 at 2:22 pm
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by sbm12
Do the spousal/partner benefits extend to the current batch of Infinite Elites, assuming that they are not otherwise at 4MM miles??
I read it to be that if you are an infinite elite with more than 1MM lifetime EQM your spouse will now be a platinum elite too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.