Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion: Ability to search PM's

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Suggestion: Ability to search PM's

Is there any chance a feature could be added which would allow people to search their PM box either by sender of PM or the title of the message? I find myself trying to find a PM and not being successful several times a day, and it can be very time consuming. If such a project would be possible I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2008, 9:24 am

We have a plugin on our list that might serve this purpose. Still needs to be tested, but we're hopeful. No definite timeframe at the moment as to when this might be available.

In the meantime, there is a workaround that might work for you.

You'll notice at the bottom of your PM inbox there are options to download your PMs to XML, CSV and Text. If you download all of your PMs to text, for example, they will be stored in a text file, which you can keep on your computer. The text file is completely searchable.

Because you would have your PMs archived in a text file if you did this, you could also go ahead and delete all of the PMs in your folder(s), freeing up space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.