Wiki Posts
Search

A much needed web site enhancement, please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LTP, PP
A much needed web site enhancement, please

After purchase, how about an option to import a file into MS Outlook which contains all the pertinent information about the upcoming flight? I currently have to cut and paste each one (several times) and reformat the text, etc. It becomes quite the chore when doing multiple PNR's/Flights.

Most hotels provide this (although Marriott's comes up short because it omits room rate and cancellation policy). Probably other travel providers too but I don't fly anyone but WN.

Please consider this in the future. Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2008, 4:09 pm

Opentable has a very nice feature for this type of thing for restaurants
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:48 pm

Have you tried tripit.com? I haven't used them myself, but it looks like they accept Southwest and can output in iCal.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:33 pm
bex

A second on tripit .. They have accepted everything I have thrown at them but a local theater and a penske moving truck reservation.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:06 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by joshua362
After purchase, how about an option to import a file into MS Outlook which contains all the pertinent information about the upcoming flight? I currently have to cut and paste each one (several times) and reformat the text, etc. It becomes quite the chore when doing multiple PNR's/Flights.

Most hotels provide this (although Marriott's comes up short because it omits room rate and cancellation policy). Probably other travel providers too but I don't fly anyone but WN.

Please consider this in the future. Thanks
We are taking a look at southwest.com, so this is a great time for this suggestion. I will pass it on.

Brian
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
Originally Posted by SWABrian
We are taking a look at southwest.com, so this is a great time for this suggestion. I will pass it on.

Brian
Brian, if you're passing on suggestions, this should be an easy one to accomplish.

On the Account Snapshot page, the PNR/Confirmation Number is a hot link to details of the reservation. On the Awards page, the status of an award, if booked for a future flight, reads "Coupon Reserved for future flight (PNR: XXXXXX)" but in this instance, the PNR isn't a hot link, which means one has to return to the Snapshot Page or Travel Tools to see the specifics of the award reservation (at least 4 or 5 clicks). It would be beneficial if the PNR on the Awards Page could also be a one click hotlink to the details.

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:18 am

To add... This would be a great addition with WN trying to target the business market.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:47 am
bex

Originally Posted by SWABrian

Brian
With apologies for turning this into the "southwest.com update suggestions thread" --

If you all could stream line the future travel view (a good place to link calendar download options) and add NAMES to the display. I book travel for several folks and clicking through to remember which PNR is whose should be unnecessary.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:51 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Nevada, John, and bex. I added your ideas.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 9:53 am
Original Poster

All great ideas, please add more and I'm glad to see Brian on it.

One more, how about prefilling / saving the fax number and email address with the profile when its time to purchase and send the receipt / itineraries ? These items never "stick" and have to be typed in each time.

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:00 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joshua362
One more, how about prefilling / saving the fax number and email address with the profile when its time to purchase and send the receipt / itineraries ? These items never "stick" and have to be typed in each time.
It remembers my email address ... never tried a fax number ...
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:01 am

I made the suggestion some time ago: include the flight information on the page where you make the payment. It's best to be certain that you entered it right; especially if booking one-ways, there's the risk of mixing up the dates and directions.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:02 pm

how about these:

at the login screen for my southwest, you need to click the "Remember me" button each time you login or the system will forget your RR number. Keep remembering me unless I uncheck the button

My Southwest only shows upcoming flights made while you're logged in. If you enter your RR number when you make a reservation even if not logged in, why doesn't the system add this information into the My Southwest profile

In My Southwest, keep track of unused flight funds after you cancel an itinerary and if logged in, allow them to be applied to new reservations. I manage with a spreadsheet like others on this board

allow gift card data to be stored. This is similar to Amazon.com where you can deposit you gift cards to your account and then don't need to hang onto the email or physical with the gift card details. When you go to checkout, you are given the option to apply the gift card funds or not
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

All great ideas. I too have to resort to spreadsheets to keep everything straight. If indeed WN is targeting the business traveler (and especially trying to avoid the travel agent middleman), it would benefit us both to have everything as automated and easily retrievable as possible!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: WN | UA
I print everything as PDFs, then merge all the PDFs for each trip so one PDF will have air, car, hotel. I can print that trip's file when I leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.