Search

Wish list: flight status for previous day

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Wish list: flight status for previous day

It sure would be nice to be able to find out whether a flight operated on time yesterday without phoning Southwest. Other airlines provide this option on their web sites. SWABrian, can you add this to the wish list?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I use flightaware.com .. but I agree it would be nice to have this feature on the website.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:55 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I use FlightStats.com as my primary. You can bring up all flights between city-pairs.

Flightaware has a better history function, but has less data tha Flightstats.

I agree - it would be nice to have on the website.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I should point out that flightstats.com is NOT entirely accurate in reporting Southwest flight status info. For whatever reason, they do not always get the arrival data reported to them, so sometimes the "actual arrival time" flightstats shows reverts to the scheduled time, even if the flight was quite late. Other times, the arrival time listed by flightstats for Southwest flights is the "runway arrival" (touchdown time) and not the gate arrival. In contrast, I have found flightstats to be quite accurate for reporting gate departures and gate arrivals for flights operated by other US carriers...just not Southwest. As a result, Southwest's on-time performance sometimes looks inflated compared to other carriers when you look at the flightstats.com comparisons on a given route.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 3:32 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Originally Posted by nsx
It sure would be nice to be able to find out whether a flight operated on time yesterday without phoning Southwest. Other airlines provide this option on their web sites. SWABrian, can you add this to the wish list?

Hi NSX, I will mention it in my weekly report. Incidentally, it sounds like several of you use this information. Can you give me an idea why this information is important to you so I can share that?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 4:00 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by SWABrian
Hi NSX, I will mention it in my weekly report. Incidentally, it sounds like several of you use this information. Can you give me an idea why this information is important to you so I can share that?
I put my friend on a plane yesterday and I want to check that it arrived OK after I went to sleep. That sort of thing.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
I put my friend on a plane yesterday and I want to check that it arrived OK after I went to sleep. That sort of thing.
Thanks. At least you're not betting on arrival times like Kramer did on Seinfeld!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
I use flightaware alot, not only to see if my flight is arriving on time for me to go to airport but to see if it actually flies on time most of the time. Many times WN doesn't tell the actual story on the website, a delay of 20 minutes means I get more time to work before going to airport.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
good suggestion
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:31 pm

Programs: SWA CP
Thanks. At least you're not betting on arrival times like Kramer did on Seinfeld!
Maybe you could suggest adding a wagering function to southwest.com as a revenue enhancement - just a thought to spice up the next meeting.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by SWSNA
Maybe you could suggest adding a wagering function to southwest.com as a revenue enhancement - just a thought to spice up the next meeting.

Yeah, as long as I get to move to the Caymans to run it!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:00 pm

Yeah, as long as I get to move to the Caymans to run it!
Maybe we should just have inflight gaming? (it would be cashless starting in the Summer, of course) We could get RR credit based on our play. ^
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:35 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

It would also be nice if the web site actually gave departure/arrival times even for same day flights instead of simply "departed" and "arrived." If a flight arrived an hour late and I don't check southwest.com until 65 minutes after the scheduled arrival, I shouldn't have to then check flight status somewhere else to find out whether it was on time or not. (I do realize I could subscribe to flight status messaging.)
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:28 am

Answer from southwest.com folks

Sorry, it took awhile to get back to you, but I assure you that I wasn't offshore gambling. Any how, here is the response to NSX's request.

"The web flight status application was built several years before the phone application, in fact the phone application is still just a few months old. When we built this, we don't think we anticipated that Customers would want to know historically if a flight was on time (ie: yesterdays flight). All of our web site functionality are being reviewed, and everything is open for change . . . and we will be sure to include this in the discussions."
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Sorry, it took awhile to get back to you, but I assure you that I wasn't offshore gambling. Any how, here is the response to NSX's request.

"The web flight status application was built several years before the phone application, in fact the phone application is still just a few months old. When we built this, we don't think we anticipated that Customers would want to know historically if a flight was on time (ie: yesterdays flight). All of our web site functionality are being reviewed, and everything is open for change . . . and we will be sure to include this in the discussions."
i'll add another one: when I look online, and my flight is delayed...could it give the reason (weather, mechanical, ATC, mediocre looking girl being removed from plane)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.