Search

CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, Marriott Rewards, Tim Hortons
CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card

Full page ad in today's G&M:

Refers to additional purchasing power (transactions assessed individually to allow spending over credit limit, but excess must be paid down monthly); 50% more AP miles for gas, etc.; and access to AP ClassicPlus Flight Rewards.

Ad says personalized invitations will be mailed shortly -- anyone receive an invite? Assume CIBC is taking a run at Amex's market for no limit cards? Any guess what the annual fee will be?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:14 am
ALW

access to AP ClassicPlus Flight Rewards.
Don't we all have this "benefit" already as AP members?

=aw
Old Mar 13, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Originally Posted by BondGuy
50% more AP miles for gas, etc.;
And don't we get that too as regular aerogold holders? I was frankly a little surprised when I cancelled my Aerogold after historically spending 70-100k per year for 5+ years, and they made absolutely zero effort to retain me or win me back. Marketing mistakes in action!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:45 am

RBC's version of this card is here (not too much information):

http://www.rbcinvestments.com/visainfinite/index.html
Old Mar 13, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by BondGuy
Full page ad in today's G&M:

Refers to additional purchasing power (transactions assessed individually to allow spending over credit limit, but excess must be paid down monthly); 50% more AP miles for gas, etc.; and access to AP ClassicPlus Flight Rewards.

Ad says personalized invitations will be mailed shortly -- anyone receive an invite? Assume CIBC is taking a run at Amex's market for no limit cards? Any guess what the annual fee will be?
Fee will be the same as AeroGold card per CNW.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I just transferred my gold visa to an aerogold visa. I really don't see the point (full page ads!?!) as I want a 1:2 AP visa (not amex) card!! The unlimited part might be usefull when the wife puts on 70k in business spending when her industry trade show comes to town. Otherwise she just pays the card down early to get the points.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Visa will never be 1:2 or even a real 1:1.5 because the % they charge to merchants is lower than AMEX so they have no wiggle room, unless AP reduces the per mile fee, but I'm sure they're already paying 1c or less!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
I cancelled my Aerogold after historically spending 70-100k per year for 5+ years, and they made absolutely zero effort to retain me or win me back. Marketing mistakes in action!
I am canceling my CIBC Aerogold for the same reason. I am switching to AMEX as one gets double AP points on every purchase (not just gas, grocery) after spending $10K.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: AE, AA
It's a VISA thing

Just received a letter from TD telling me how they're going to make my life better by changing my Gold Travel VISA to an Infinite VISA, while reducing some benefits and adding ones I don't need.

Hooray!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:15 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN
Originally Posted by Spot planes
I am canceling my CIBC Aerogold for the same reason. I am switching to AMEX as one gets double AP points on every purchase (not just gas, grocery) after spending $10K.
a lot of places don't accept amex.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Just a heads up.. they're going to also offer the Aventura Infinite Visa as well simulateously.

Should be seeing an invite land in my mailbox within a week or two!

Sanosuke!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by st7860
a lot of places don't accept amex.

now THAT'S an understatement!

I had a business airmiles amex for 2 months until my CIBC Aerogold arrived. Bell-no, freight company -no, customs brokerage -no, ups/purolator -no, etc etc. There's a few k's of points right there every month.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
now THAT'S an understatement!

I had a business airmiles amex for 2 months until my CIBC Aerogold arrived. Bell-no, freight company -no, customs brokerage -no, ups/purolator -no, etc etc. There's a few k's of points right there every month.

that because amex charges the most to companies, thats why amex can give the highest rewards too.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:39 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by kellytoronto
And don't we get that too as regular aerogold holders? I was frankly a little surprised when I cancelled my Aerogold after historically spending 70-100k per year for 5+ years, and they made absolutely zero effort to retain me or win me back. Marketing mistakes in action!
Canadian banks in action. Sign up and we will give you a free ipod. Yes, unlike the credit union next door that shares their profits with you and allows you to vote for the board of directors, as a student you will still pay $3/monthly fees, you will still have to wait in line 30 minutes to get cash, pay 0% interest on any non-savings account, and we will hold all cheques for 10 working days. But hey! Instead of helping customers, we will send someone out to hand out free cookies! After all, it'll be worth more than the interest you earned on the $10 000 you have in that chequing account. Oh, and a free iPod!!!!!!!11

What I also don't get is how consumers go for this garbage. I guess it's a Canadian thing. If it's in a Canadian TV ad, it's bigger, and therefore, better.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:48 pm

if your credit history wasn't so lousy you wouldn't have a deposit hold on your checks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.