Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI, Leap Year and MAN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
OLCI, Leap Year and MAN

Memo to self: Must remember to carry photo ID at all times.

Self printed OLCI boarding pass was not accepted by domestic security at MAN this morning (the new channel at T3) as "the computer does not recognise February 29th and cannot match flight numbers with passenger BPs". A passport or any other photo ID would have done the trick. In the event a original BP printed by BMI desk worked ok.

After Y2K scare this sort of thing is bizarre.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Was it all airline's OLCI boarding passes, or just bmi...?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
Aaah! So that is why they were asking for pic ID at security at MAN yesterday as I was getting on the 09.00 to LHR. My heart sank as I came to the front of the queue, seeing ID being presented by everyone else. I remembered that I had just received my piccie driving licence and it was in my jacket pocket. I asked if this was a new thing and the lady mumbled something about computer software. I thought I was being fobbed off with a pretend technical answer. Anyway, will remember it for 2012.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by highpeak1
Aaah! So that is why they were asking for pic ID at security at MAN yesterday as I was getting on the 09.00 to LHR. My heart sank as I came to the front of the queue, seeing ID being presented by everyone else. I remembered that I had just received my piccie driving licence and it was in my jacket pocket. I asked if this was a new thing and the lady mumbled something about computer software. I thought I was being fobbed off with a pretend technical answer. Anyway, will remember it for 2012.
I was on the 17:00 MAN-EDI on the 29th and no such request for photo ID was asked for at either check-in, security or the gate.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by LiviLion
I was on the 17:00 MAN-EDI on the 29th and no such request for photo ID was asked for at either check-in, security or the gate.
To be fair, you do so many flights on that route that they probably just wave you through now. You'll have your own security channel soon
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by RAPC
To be fair, you do so many flights on that route that they probably just wave you through now. You'll have your own security channel soon
Indeed, in the last six months I have departed from MAN 29 times, EDI 24 times and LHR 5 times. Hopefully this lunacy should come to an end come May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.