Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Leap day screwing up flight status on NWA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

I was looking at my current reservation on nwa.com for today's flights (JFK-DTW-SEA) and I clicked on the "Current Flight Status" button for each of those flights. The flight status page came up for both flights but said it was for "Sat, March 1, 2008".

However, if you go to the homepage and manually enter the flight numbers the flight status section, you can get proper flight info for today's flights.

I hope this misinformation doesn't affect anyone today. People who check their flight status on the current itinerary page will either think every flight is on schedule or will be told their flight is not scheduled to operate today

-RM
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I saw that too. Was a bit suprised they have a bug with that, but managed to make sure my Gold status doesn't start until tomorrow.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:22 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
It did much more to UA, we were lucky (and/or our IT is much better).
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, American, USAir, Continental, Northwest, United, AirTran, SouthWest, Midwest
Its like Y2k all over again.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:13 pm
ed1

Originally Posted by Max The Distance
Its like Y2k all over again.
Perhaps when Y2K was put in, since it was that screwy non-leap year, they neglected to provide for the next leap year.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Y2K was a leap year.

Trust me, I lost that argument with the wife a couple weeks ago....

It's only multiples of 100 that are NOT multiples of 400 where you skip the leap day....
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:21 pm
ed1

Originally Posted by raehl311
Y2K was a leap year.

Trust me, I lost that argument with the wife a couple weeks ago....

It's only multiples of 100 that are NOT multiples of 400 where you skip the leap day....
Thanks for the correction, I guess I had too many people argue with me back in '99 that I forgot what was really correct.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold

Originally Posted by raehl311
So how many of us will be around to see the non-leap year of 2100?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.