Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Gold lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Amex Gold lounge access

I've been looking online and found that Amex Gold cards issued in different countries allow different lounge access. Eg: Gold from the UAE allows lounge access throughout the Middle East etc.

Does anyone have a complete list of airline lounges that can be access by Gold Card members?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:53 pm

deleted

Last edited by eeeee; Mar 31, 2008 at 10:41 pm
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
AMEX Gold and higher allows access to AMEX Centurion lounges. I'm not sure how many of those there are, I do know that there is one in GRU...
Old Feb 16, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I've encountered two such lounges - one in Shanghai that accepted even a green card for addmission (seemed to be the same lounge NW uses) and one in Kuwait City. Maybe we can compile a list of them here.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Originally Posted by chewy3
I've encountered two such lounges - one in Shanghai that accepted even a green card for addmission (seemed to be the same lounge NW uses) and one in Kuwait City. Maybe we can compile a list of them here.

Awesome. I'm going to Kuwait in a few weeks. Do you just show your gold card?

Any lounge in Bahrain or Qatar?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
I found one in the basement of Istanbul airport. Very quiet and strange lounge. Well worth a visit.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
I believe the Centurion lounges in Sao Paulo, Mexico and Buenos Aires will admit Gold Card members (and up).
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
There is one in Mexico DF aiport, which you can use with Gold Card and above, regardless of where it has been issued.
In Cairo it says that it can be use if the card has been issued in the middle East.
In Eze(Buenos Aires) there was one but I have been there for many years so I am not sure if it is still there.
Have you tried looking at the Amex web?
Old Feb 17, 2008, 1:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by saviox
Have you tried looking at the Amex web?
The information is very diffused. For example, here is the page the OP mentioned listing lounge access for UAE Gold cardholders...

http://www.americanexpress.co.ae/men...its.jsp#access

Problem is there are 70+ national websites in a variety of languages.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
In Mexico there are Amex Centurion lounges at Mexico DF airport and Monterrey, NL. You can get in with either Gold or Platinum Amex. The one in Monterrey is out of the way on the lower level. I'd been through the airport about 5 times before I even knew it was there. It's small but comfortable, generally with good snacks.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by lessthanzero
Awesome. I'm going to Kuwait in a few weeks. Do you just show your gold card?

Any lounge in Bahrain or Qatar?
I didn't access it actually by showing an AMEX since I was travelling in BA J but when I entered the lounge I saw a sign that had a picture of a bunch of AMEX cards that could be used for admission (it also serves many other airlines but is a decent lounge).
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
Hello from Kuwait

The lounge at DOH does accept Gold Card holders, if the cards themselves were issued by a Doha bank. (Starting with 3778 or 3744.) In fact they even let in green card holders in certain series.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:55 pm

American Express does not really communicate about the <Amex lounges>, partly because it was only a few, and so not really a "benefit" ...

I think I was never in an Amex lounge, and if I was, I didn't notice it was one

Amex offers mainly complimentary membership in Priority Pass, at different levels, to Platinum and Centurion card holders. I don't think it was ever offerred to Gold card members.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by ahrz
American Express does not really communicate about the <Amex lounges>, partly because it was only a few, and so not really a "benefit" ...

I think I was never in an Amex lounge, and if I was, I didn't notice it was one

Amex offers mainly complimentary membership in Priority Pass, at different levels, to Platinum and Centurion card holders. I don't think it was ever offerred to Gold card members.
Well, I believe everybody on this board is aware of this, and that was the entire reason for this thread. Since it appeared to be a "hidden" benefit.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:31 am
jsq

Programs: ual, aa, co, delta, centurion
buenos aires still has a amex lounge as of dec 07 visit

it is pretty beat up and tired though. however better then sitting in the main airport lounges.
regards,
jsq

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.