Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latest putrid food offering

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Latest putrid food offering

From the land of:

"I own the red pepper farm"
...and...
"Will that be eggs, eggs, or eggs?"
...and...
"We have a trio of desserts"

Mustard Onion Sesame Snacks tonight on YYZ-MCO.

These are apparently a replacement for the lemon chili doo-hickeys they have had for a while as "jet fuel".

I actually tried to find a Rolaid in my bag to eat to take away the taste.

The AC executive chef has really topped himself this time
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Simon
From the land of:

...and...
...and...

These are apparently a replacement for the lemon chili doo-hickeys they have had for a while as "jet fuel".

LOL - I actually don't mind them, although I don't think they are an improvement over regular sesame snacks. What I find difficult to understand is why AC implements snacks that are so far off the beaten track that they are guranteed to go over poorly with a large number of fliers. Even the lemon chili stuff is not mainstream enough to go over well with many J pax.

SG
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Just the thought of those sends me to a bottle of Listerine.

Still, I challenge anybody to top this!

http://www.airlinemeals.net/images/m...irlines041.jpg
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
I <heart> lemon chili jet fuel snacks!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
yikes the food on AC has really gone downhill....... what are they thinking?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by zorn
I <heart> lemon chili jet fuel snacks!
Me too. Best snack ever.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 9:56 pm

I wasn't a huge fan of the lemon chili jet fuel snacks, but do enjoy the mustard onion snacks. The guy sitting next to me Sunday evening commented that he enjoyed them and asked the FA for more.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon
From the land of:

...and...
...and...

Oh well, what can you do but start another new thread about declining on-board amenities and food!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
Oh c'mon QSG don't egg Simon on. He'll just pepper us with more of these threads about his favorite airline cuisine....

Back on topic, I sympathize with Simon. I have been flying a lot of YYC - FRA return for 1.5 years and the food has not changed (yes there is a rotation but nothing new has been added to that rotation). The smoked salmon in some pastry appetizer sucks, the lamb needs a saw not a knife, the chicken dries out......But the desserts are always pretty good. I actually like to stock up on the Hungarian Goulash in the LH Lounge before my return flights to YYC. Then I can ignore the entrees.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe you can give LH a shot when they start on this route in mid-April and get something for a change. Just a suggestion.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Maybe you can give LH a shot when they start on this route in mid-April and get something for a change. Just a suggestion.
You're psychic...already planning to try out the service. ^
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yycguy2
Then I can ignore the entrees.
If AC should be listening to anyone's gripes about the amenities and food it should be yours........sorry to hear how things have "haven't" changed....Give LH a try, and since you always fly C, try M+M to get more miles that you can use to upgrade to F every now and again!^ Nothing like the FCT in Frankfurt and the FCL in Munich/Zurich or so I am told!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by yycguy2
I actually like to stock up on the Hungarian Goulash in the LH Lounge before my return flights to YYC. Then I can ignore the entrees.
Which Senator lounge was that? A concourse by the 53-66 gates? Monday they had chicken wings and the usual salad-like items, and the "hot dog" steamer kiosk! I was tempted to take a stash of wings with me for my UA flight since the E+ food is not that great...and the portions so small!

And yes, the FCT at FRA and even the FC/HON lounges at FRA and MUC are the epitome of decadence to pamper any traveler who can appreciate good food, wine and other libations. But the price is steep, and they don't let SE or 1K rabble in unless they're flying LH First.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 30, 2008 at 12:07 pm
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Shareholder
And yes, the FCT at FRA and even the FC/HON lounges at FRA and MUC are the epitome of decadence to pamper any traveler who can appreciate good food, wine and other libations. But the price is steep, and they don't let SE or 1K rabble in unless they're flying LH First.
The food and drink at the FCT are indeed AWESOME!!!

The serving staff is very knowledgeable about the wines and the service is impeccable!!!!

Too bad I am not a whiskey drinker as I have been told they have the best selection anywhere in Germany.

I have a six hour layover in FRA in May and looking forward to being pampered again.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Which Senator lounge was that?
It was the business class lounge over by B44. I'm usually on a tight connection from AMS so I go the lounge closest to the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.