Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA / Jet Airways partnership / codeshare information (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage

Does anybody know when the codeshare agreement between AA and Jet Airways is going to be finalised...
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:01 am

According to AA press release dated Nov 19:

American Airlines, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, today announced it has applied to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) for authorization to begin codeshare cooperation with Jet Airways (India) Limited. The application proposes that codesharing operations begin on Jan. 16, 2008.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
What are the practical implications? Will you get status and bonus miles when traveling 9W code share if you are a premier AAdvantage member?
Is 9W joining One world alliance. They seem to form an alliance with all and sundry. Recently they announced a VS alliance.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Originally Posted by drbala
What are the practical implications? Will you get status and bonus miles when traveling 9W code share if you are a premier AAdvantage member?
Is 9W joining One world alliance. They seem to form an alliance with all and sundry. Recently they announced a VS alliance.
Obviously, yes, you will get AA status and bonus miles if flying on an AA-coded 9W flight. More interesting will be if you earn AA miles on all 9W flights, or if AAdvantage members can redeem for 9W flights.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:28 pm

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 9, 2009 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 5, 2008, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Also, what does this mean for AA JFK-BRU?
possibly nothing, possibly a codeshare. i really don't understand your question. aa codeshares with with other partners on shared routes.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Also, what does this mean for AA JFK-BRU?
Connection opportunites from Brussels. Possibility of a 9W number on the AA flight. Etc. Etc.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacirema
possibly nothing, possibly a codeshare. i really don't understand your question. aa codeshares with with other partners on shared routes.
or perhaps a way to take AA metal off JFK-BRU and put it where it can earn more money -- I know MIA-MXP has been mentioned.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:46 pm

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 9, 2009 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage
Originally Posted by nacirema
According to AA press release dated Nov 19:

American Airlines, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, today announced it has applied to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) for authorization to begin codeshare cooperation with Jet Airways (India) Limited. The application proposes that codesharing operations begin on Jan. 16, 2008.
The press release says AA has 'applied' to DOT for authorization. it's already jan 7th and I have not read about anything on the AA website that says their proposal for codeshare for all flights jan 16th onwards has been approved. I plan on flying to India end of the month and don't know how long to wait for the approval to go thru...
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Interestingly, there don't seem to be any replies of any sort to that request (you can see the dockets here). If you look, for instance at the LY/AA codeshare, you can see UA's protest and the AA/LY response; with 9W, however, there haven't yet been any complaints or issues raised.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
As most readers here would know, AA had a partnership with India's Sahara Airlines. Jet Airways purchased Sahara and in fact renamed it JetLite. So a relationship between AA and Jet is a logical and welcome development. I am looking forward to it. Frankly, I'd want Jet to become a full OW member.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA - GLD; MR - GLD;
I would love to see JetAirways on OW, as the return of a domestic india carrier.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:24 pm

And it looks like they have crossed the regulatory hurdle..
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...000064803971ca
Old Jan 8, 2008, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by CTPLAAT
And it looks like they have crossed the regulatory hurdle..
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspubli...000064803971ca
Excellent news. Hopefully the next 7 day comment period goes quietly. The connections in DEL should help the ORD-DEL route (as if it needed help).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.