Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignments for DL flight on AF metal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Seat Assignments for DL flight on AF metal

I know there have been postings about this before, but I can't seem to find them.

Does anyone know how to get seat assignments in advance for short haul flights operated by Air France as a Delta Coded flight? I've got a short haul connection from CDG coming up... The DL ticket agent in the NYC office said I could call Air France to get the assignment, but the AF phone agent said that they do not assign seats in advance on short and medium haul flights.

Has anyone found a way around this?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The agent was correct. No way around it afaik.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
This may sound simple, but have you taken your ref number and plugging it inot the www.airfrance.us website? I know I just booked a reward flight on delta.com and it was actually CO. So after completing the reservation, went to CO.com and picked my seats with no problem.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
The agent was correct. No way around it afaik.
Second that.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by amps
This may sound simple, but have you taken your ref number and plugging it inot the www.airfrance.us website? I know I just booked a reward flight on delta.com and it was actually CO. So after completing the reservation, went to CO.com and picked my seats with no problem.
Again, AF assigns seats for short and mid-range flights from CDG at the gate.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Again, AF assigns seats for short and mid-range flights from CDG at the gate.
Actually, the do at check-in. If you start your journey in the US you can assign it when checking in for your first flight, otherwise it is at T-30.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Actually, the do at check-in. If you start your journey in the US you can assign it when checking in for your first flight, otherwise it is at T-30.
Good to know, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.