Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa, KLM planes collide at THR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lufthansa, KLM planes collide at THR

"An Airbus A340 belonging to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines collides with a Lufthansa aircraft at Tehran's Imam Khomeini International Airport.

The aircraft was coming to a stop in front of a passenger boarding bridge when it crashed into the wing of a Lufthansa Airbus A330 that was heading towards the runway to take off for Frankfurt.

The accident, which took place at 3:00 local time on Saturday, caused no casualties but led to the cancellation of the Lufthansa flight No. 600 and serious verbal arguments between personnel of the airlines.

About 450 passengers were on board the planes at the time of the incident.

"The two aircraft will be given permission to take off once the Flights Standards Service looks into the cause of the crash and makes sure the planes are safe," said Reza Ja'farzadeh, an official with Iran's Civil Aviation Organization.

He added that the planes have not sustained severe damage.
"

Source: presstv.ir

Johan
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I believe it was an A330 of KLM and A340 of LH
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:26 pm

The KLM A332 was PH-AOK, operating KL433 with 252 passengers on board; the Lufthansa A343 was D-AIGL. The Lufthansa flight was cancelled, whereas the KLM aircraft returned to AMS as KL434 about 8 hours behind schedule on Saturday afternoon. PH-AOK has since been grounded, which has led to the cancellation of the Atlanta service on Sunday, because KLM does not have any spare A332 capacity.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:54 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
"[COLOR="Blue"]
The accident, which took place at 3:00 local time on Saturday, caused no casualties but led to the cancellation of the Lufthansa flight No. 600 and serious verbal arguments between personnel of the airlines.
LOL! I can only imagine... and I thought L.A. was bad. Then again, if this were L.A. shots would have been fired.

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
PH-AOK has since been grounded, which has led to the cancellation of the Atlanta service on Sunday, because KLM does not have any spare A332 capacity.
This is becoming ridiculous!!! This "no spare capacity" game is not fun at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.