Wiki Posts
Search

RTW pricing EX NAN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, BD
RTW pricing EX NAN

Hello, I read somewhere that NAN was a cheap place to buy RTW's. as i have already spent 2 hrs in search to no avail. am i missing something - or does it not exist. any help appreciated.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A quick check on EF shows that NAN is quite a cheap place to buy ATW tickets. The DGLOB34 currently works out at GBP2843 plus tax and the AGLOB34 at GBP3607 plus tax

Note: There is no One World Explorer fare showing on EF ex NAN since, iirc, there are no OW flights to NAN

Dave
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

would it be the same for PPT?

must get EF, didn't realise it displays RTW prices. (is it easy to find the price of EF or do you need codes etc to find it)
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ajinlondon
would it be the same for PPT?

must get EF, didn't realise it displays RTW prices. (is it easy to find the price of EF or do you need codes etc to find it)
GBP3603 +++ so more expensive from PPT.

RTW prices are pretty easy to find in Expertflyer. Put the departure and destination cities as the city you want to start the RTW in. Choose the airline, and it will return what's available.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
would it be the same for PPT? (...) didn't realise it displays RTW prices....
oneworld.com also shows RTW prices, and it's free.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Doesn't show the places I have asked about - but still interesting that some of the prices are there.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

did i also read somewhere , that if no price is set for that country you can get a price from another country, such as MRU?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:08 pm

Doesn't show the places I have asked about...
Yes it does. Not for OWE, true, but that is because the fare does not exist for those places. Global Explorer fares, however, are shown for both places.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 12:11 am

did i also read somewhere , that if no price is set for that country you can get a price from another country, such as MRU?
No. If there is no fare, then you cannot buy it.

What you are mistaking it with is the pricing of a ticket. If you wish to purchase an ex-MRU DONE4 the fare is $x . If you purchase it from MRU, then the price charged will be $x

If you book the ex -MRU DONE4 but wish to purchase it in Australia ( for example ), then you would be charged the higher of the ex-MRU price or the ex-AU price ; if you were in NAN and wanted to purchase an ex-MRU DONE4, then you would be charged the ex-MRU price since there is no ex-NAN fare

Dave
Old Oct 20, 2007, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No. If there is no fare, then you cannot buy it.

What you are mistaking it with is the pricing of a ticket. If you wish to purchase an ex-MRU DONE4 the fare is $x . If you purchase it from MRU, then the price charged will be $x

If you book the ex -MRU DONE4 but wish to purchase it in Australia ( for example ), then you would be charged the higher of the ex-MRU price or the ex-AU price ; if you were in NAN and wanted to purchase an ex-MRU DONE4, then you would be charged the ex-MRU price since there is no ex-NAN fare

Dave
could you use this to get an ex-mru ticket without the egregious fuel fines that ba puts on a ticket if there were (say) an aa office in nadi (or some other location w/o a published oneworld rtw fare)?
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
could you use this to get an ex-mru ticket without the egregious fuel fines that ba puts on a ticket if there were (say) an aa office in nadi (or some other location w/o a published oneworld rtw fare)?
I don't see why not, provided, of course, one could find a local oneworld airline office, or agent, willing and able to issue the ticket.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by alemdohorizonte
Yes. I have booked tickets from other locations before

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.