Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

All British Airways Travel Spas Closed for Elemis Refurb October 1-7 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All British Airways Travel Spas Closed for Elemis Refurb October 1-7 2007

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Exclamation All British Airways Travel Spas Closed for Elemis Refurb October 1-7 2007

Molton Brown Travel Spas

** As part of our exciting new partnership with Elemis and our continuous drive to improve your airport experience, we will be making some changes to our Travel Spas.

From Monday 1 October to Sunday 7 October 2007 our Travel Spas will be closed for refurbishment and will reopen on Monday 8 October 2007 with a new range of Elemis spa treatments.

We look forward to welcoming you into our Elemis Travel Spas soon. **

Just in case you were looking forward to a massage (or even a shower..?) and travelling over these dates, you should be aware of these closures.

I suppose we will also see a new Club World washbag within the next fortnight, and new handwash in the J bogs.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by krug
I suppose we will also see a new Club World washbag within the next fortnight, and new handwash in the J bogs.
The new washbag is previewed in this month's Business Life magazine....
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
I wonder if the MB shop at the entrace to the Gate 10 lounges will be going as well?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:05 am
jhm

I'll be travelling over that period and whilst I don't care about the lack of a massage (preferring to pay for a proper one), I won't be best pleased if there are no shower facilities!

Presumably the showers at the T4 gate one lounge will remain open even if the ones in the lounge complex won't be ?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scillybear
The new washbag is previewed in this month's Business Life magazine....
And can be seen in this article from Business Traveller.

Does seem to be a fresh new look for the Spas; a shame they will only be in use for about a year when BA will pull out of T1 and T4.

I would expect they would make a big effort with the one in JFKT7 though as that will be there for the full five years.

I hope it is a zippy bag, I hated those silly wrap round things we had before, just had to be thrown out after contents nicked.

The Elemis press release is below:

http://www.elemis.com/download/press...e_consumer.pdf
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
1 October to Sunday 7 October 2007 our Travel Spas will be closed for refurbishment
Bloody typical of my luck. Timed to coincide with my having to pass through LHR not one but twice in the same week.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
myself and mrsglobalste fly out to SFO on the 27th and come back on the 6th Oct. Does this mean we get Molton Brown freebies going and Elemis coming back I wonder...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: BA
I would be very suprised if BA didn't compensate for this by at least providing Elemis vouchers, if not free products during the closure. After all, the spa is a published benefit of travelling CW and F.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
good point MCS, anyone flying from the US can use the "it fell below my expectations" line and claim their free 1st class return... looks like BA are going to have to shell out a bit over this week.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by globalste
anyone flying from the US can use the "it fell below my expectations" line and claim their free 1st class return...
Aha! I spot my chance, as I will be flying back through LHR on Oct. 7. I was wondering how I could grab this promo legitimately--looks like I am going to!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
F Amenity kit?

Does anyone know if there are plans to replace the Kiehls based amenity kits in F?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:44 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Great, and now there are no more back treatments in the spa-therapy menu either.

I'll probably be able to check this out in T4 a couple of days after their opening though!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrishow
Does anyone know if there are plans to replace the Kiehls based amenity kits in F?
Yes, I think there are. And a good thing too. ^
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:47 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Yes, I think there are. And a good thing too. ^
Marvellous! ^ That faux-velvety material of the current BAg is just horrid! Gives me the shivers everytime I touch it.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Marvellous! ^ That faux-velvety material of the current BAg is just horrid! Gives me the shivers everytime I touch it.
Me too.

Out of interest, is the facial still on the menu? I love a good facial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.