Wiki Posts
Search

Goal: Visit every country on earth

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question Goal: Visit every country on earth

I'm moving forward with this goal with various trips scheduled within the next year.

Is this a goal for anyone else? Do you have a specific plan?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:42 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Talking yeah!

It certainly is...

But I can't see it becoming reality until at least 10 years from now when I have enough scratch to make it happen.

--Russ
Old Aug 14, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember to visit every country in the world, but I have no immediate plans towards that goal.

An intermediate step will be to become a member of the 100 Countries Visited Club, but even that probably won't happen for several years.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
That's a goal for me too, but I don't see it happening any time soon . At this rate, my goal is at least 2 new countries a year. That would at least make me reach the 100 country club within my lifetime.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:17 pm

Try for every Starbucks instead if you like the coffee. At the rate they come and go, its almost impossible. Countries also come and go.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 7:55 pm

Check out this thread. My count is at about 60. Lots to go.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Have fun when you visit Iraq.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by srk123
Have fun when you visit Iraq.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Me too. Working my way through - I try to visit about 10 new countries a year if possible.

Even though there are plenty of countries I have yet to visit, it is starting to get harder and will only get worse over time (as the ones left are harder to reach and visas are an issue for some - I'm only now starting to appreciate the hassle of getting visas in this part of the world).
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
My lofty goal is 100. I probably have thirty more years of travel. Average two countries per year, and I'll be at 85.

I promised Miss Redbeard twenty countries before age twenty. She's at nine at age fourteen.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:54 pm
Suspended

I'll take a pass on this. There are vast parts of the world that I have no interest in visiting ever. Have fun vacationing in Somalia. Of course you need permission from a warlord and an dozen armed guards anywhere you go, but you'll knock that country off of your list. Don't get kidnapped though, the ransom is your body weight * $1000 USD.

How about you change the thread to Visit every nice/decent country on earth. Then I'm in.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:24 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by thegeneral
I'll take a pass on this. There are vast parts of the world that I have no interest in visiting ever. Have fun vacationing in Somalia. Of course you need permission from a warlord and an dozen armed guards anywhere you go, but you'll knock that country off of your list. Don't get kidnapped though, the ransom is your body weight * $1000 USD.

How about you change the thread to Visit every nice/decent country on earth. Then I'm in.
Who gets to decide what is nice/decent? Aren't you presuming that status doesn't change over the rest of your life?
Old Aug 15, 2007, 12:56 am

Talking Hell yeah!

Its like my number one goal in life.
I have almost reached my previous number one goal, which was every continent in the world. This i will reach before the end of the year and before my 19th birthday! Then the rest of the world. By the time i am 19 i will have visited 30 different countries. Its not the whole world yet, but im getting there, and am planning on just traveling for the rest of my life.
Anyone know a good career where people pay you to travel, and want to let me in on the secret? lol
So good on ya! im right there with you.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I'm moving forward with this goal with various trips scheduled within the next year.
Are you working off the Traveler's Century Club official list? The count is 317 - much higher than the 189-194 on most US/UN/etc. lists.

http://www.travelerscenturyclub.org/

I'm only at 26, with no hope of hitting anywhere near a significant number. I'm just working on the US states (45) and Canadia provinces (8)
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I set a much more fun goal for me: All the states and all the Major League Baseball ballparks.

I finished the ballpark list in July this year (30+6 defunct stadiums), but a new one opens next year and 2 in 2009.

I'm at 46 states now and the four left will require a little effort on my part (Oklahoma, Idaho, New Mexico, Alaska).

Like others on this thread, I have no desire to visit certain parts of the world (for some reason Chad and Eritrea come to mind) and only do lists that I know I'll enjoy finishing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.