Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Does an A333 on SYD-PER have AVOD in Economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

I've seached, but info I found is old and sometimes contradictory.

In particular, QF565, SYS-PER at 06:10 on Tuesday Aug 14.

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:31 pm

Yes the A330-300 has AVOD and you will be able to use it on that flight.

Of course this (as with any flight) is subject to last minute aircraft changes.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:27 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
international crew on those flights too, who IMO are much more customer focused than their domestic counterparts.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:55 am

No such thing as 'international crew'. Both Short Haul and Long Haul are trained on the A333 so you could have either. By international crew I imagine your refering to Long Haul crew.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Certainly my experience that the crew are generally a notch above what you get on the 737 and 767 in terms of customer focus.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by eoinnz
No such thing as 'international crew'. Both Short Haul and Long Haul are trained on the A333 so you could have either. By international crew I imagine your refering to Long Haul crew.
yeah sorry i realised after posting i should have said l/h crew. i didn't know s/h was trained on A333 at all - is that a carry over from when A332's operated domestically?

i've taken the 333 quite a few times domestically, its always been a l/h crew (i've asked them). i realise making a statement that l/h crew beat s/h crew could be interpreted as inflamatory, and that there are some great s/h crew out there, but on the whole my experience has been that the l/h people tend to be more courteous and polite, and flights with them in all classes have been more enjoyable.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
international crew on those flights too, who IMO are much more customer focused than their domestic counterparts.
Are you sure about that?

IMHO, domestic crew seem to serve meals significantly faster than their long haul counterparts. In fact domestic crews are pretty good considering that they can serve a cooked meal to 250-300 passengers in 1 hour 30 minutes on the MEL-SYD bus route.

Long haul they seem to struggle to serve meals in under 3 hours!
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:28 pm

Long Haul operate some MEL-SYD vv services too. And we do it on a 747 with 400 passengers!

Another reason is time. 3 hours is nothing off a 15 hour flight. Short Haul can sometimes have extra crew rostered to help complete the service if the loads are high.

Short Haul crew also have different OS&H rules that allow them to do certain things we can't do as Long Haul crew.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:24 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Are you sure about that?

IMHO, domestic crew seem to serve meals significantly faster than their long haul counterparts. In fact domestic crews are pretty good considering that they can serve a cooked meal to 250-300 passengers in 1 hour 30 minutes on the MEL-SYD bus route.

Long haul they seem to struggle to serve meals in under 3 hours!
Why rush on a longhaul flight?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Why rush on a longhaul flight?
One Word - Sleep!

I flew QF3 SYD-HNL earlier this year in J; departed 7:45pm, scheduled 9¾ hours flight.

The dinner service commenced 1½ hours after departure; got to me ½ an hour after that. Once desert/cheese had been distributed it was 2¾ hours into the flight before I was able to set up for sleep. Woken 1½ hours before scheduled arrival time for breakfast.

I really was hoping to get somewhat more than 5½ hours available sleep time on that flight.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
One Word - Sleep!

I flew QF3 SYD-HNL earlier this year in J; departed 7:45pm, scheduled 9¾ hours flight.

The dinner service commenced 1½ hours after departure; got to me ½ an hour after that. Once desert/cheese had been distributed it was 2¾ hours into the flight before I was able to set up for sleep. Woken 1½ hours before scheduled arrival time for breakfast.

I really was hoping to get somewhat more than 5½ hours available sleep time on that flight.
Alright for you guys who fly Business and First. I can never get unbroken sleep in economy so maybe 2 catnaps about 90 mins is usual for me
Old Aug 13, 2007, 6:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by serfty
One Word - Sleep!

Wowsers - 5 1/2 hours sleep? That is better than I do at home

I actually would appreciate them starting teh food service a little earlier - not for sleep - more so that I can all of that cleared away so I can watch AVOD or laptop TV it is always a struggle to juggle the laptop and a food tray - even in J - mind you F is another story
Old Aug 13, 2007, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Alright for you guys who fly Business and First. ...
Yeah, right - it cost me 48,000 QFF points to upgrade ....

FWIW, I can generally sleep quite easily in WHY.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simongr
Wowsers - 5 1/2 hours sleep? That is better than I do at home ...
5½ hours sleep is generally fine for me also; It won't top up my "sleep bank" but nor will it deplete it - 6 is good 7+ is luxury.

The problem in this case was I did not get the 5½ hours of sleep, more like 2x2 hours blocks. I wanted more to help with my following itinerary as I travelled HNL-LAX-DFW-BOS broken up over the next 21 hours (11¾ hours flying and 9¼ of transits).

So Yes, I would have appreciated dinner being over one hour earlier, so I can finish that movie/work/etc and settle down etc. I could have done what the guy across the aisle did and simply settle straight down to sleep for most of the flight. But, after burning 48K QFF points, I wanted to enjoy the service somewhat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.